Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2019, 04:23 AM   #1
MarkT
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Atlanta Ga
Posts: 27
Garage
Cdr 24/Disc Changer info

Iím new to the forum and canít seem to find info on the CDR 24 manual. Iíve seen pictures of the cover but canít find a pdf of the manual.
My used 05 Boxster S didnít come with the manual...

I was getting a STOP error when I try to play discs on the Disc Changer. Now it just says LOADING but nothing happens?? Is there a reset for the Changer?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Markt213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Registered User
 
husker boxster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,151
Has it ever worked for you or is this your 1st time trying to play CDs in your car?

Is this CD #1 that's trying to play?

Have you tried removing the CD cartridge and shuffling the CDs?
__________________
PCA National HPDE Instructor
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2007 Cayman S - SOLD on Valentine's Day 2013
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
MarkT
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Atlanta Ga
Posts: 27
Garage
I was able to get the 1st cd to play for about a min before it skipped then stopped. I then got a message saying STOP. When I tried to restart it I got a LOADING message but it never did.
I tool the cd magazine out put in different CDs and when I hit the CDC button on the head unit it says loading then kicks back to the radio. I can hear the unit making noises if I open the boot and get close.
Markt213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
MarkT
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Atlanta Ga
Posts: 27
Garage
Cd Changer problem

Could anyone with a Cd Changer help me as I donít have a operation manual.

Do I need to somehow rest the cd Changer?
Am I accessing the Changer correctly?
Here is what I am doing
I push the button to turn on the Stereo.
I push the CD button twice to switch from the single disk to the Changer
I get a message saying LOADING but after a moment it just switches back to radio.
The magazine is correctly loaded with store bought cdís.
I can hear noises from the Changer.

Thank you for your help!
Markt213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Cunningr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Spain
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markt213 View Post
Could anyone with a Cd Changer help me as I donít have a operation manual.

Do I need to somehow rest the cd Changer?
Am I accessing the Changer correctly?
Here is what I am doing
I push the button to turn on the Stereo.
I push the CD button twice to switch from the single disk to the Changer
I get a message saying LOADING but after a moment it just switches back to radio.
The magazine is correctly loaded with store bought cdís.
I can hear noises from the Changer.

Thank you for your help!
Did you double check the cartridge is loaded correctly? You might try 1 disk just to see if you can get it to work. I took mine out, never sounded very good was always using the hu.
__________________
2000 Boxster S Ocean Blue Metalic
Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #6
MarkT
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Atlanta Ga
Posts: 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Did you double check the cartridge is loaded correctly? You might try 1 disk just to see if you can get it to work. I took mine out, never sounded very good was always using the hu.
Thanks for the info but it still is not loading. Based on what I have seen so far it appears that the. CD Changer operating instructions are included with the CDR24 head unit manual. I will call the local Porsche Dealership tomorrow to see if they have access to the manual unless someone on line has a pdf.

Cheers
Markt213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Cunningr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Spain
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markt213 View Post
Thanks for the info but it still is not loading. Based on what I have seen so far it appears that the. CD Changer operating instructions are included with the CDR24 head unit manual. I will call the local Porsche Dealership tomorrow to see if they have access to the manual unless someone on line has a pdf.

Cheers
I googled for my manuals found some pdf versions, but in the end i just ordered a set in english. My manuals were in Spanish, good to have anyways.
__________________
2000 Boxster S Ocean Blue Metalic
Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page