986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Cdr 24/Disc Changer info (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/74834-cdr-24-disc-changer-info.html)

Markt213 03-22-2019 04:23 AM

Cdr 24/Disc Changer info

I’m new to the forum and can’t seem to find info on the CDR 24 manual. I’ve seen pictures of the cover but can’t find a pdf of the manual.
My used 05 Boxster S didn’t come with the manual...

I was getting a STOP error when I try to play discs on the Disc Changer. Now it just says LOADING but nothing happens?? Is there a reset for the Changer?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

husker boxster 03-22-2019 09:37 AM

Has it ever worked for you or is this your 1st time trying to play CDs in your car?

Is this CD #1 that's trying to play?

Have you tried removing the CD cartridge and shuffling the CDs?

Markt213 03-22-2019 12:31 PM

I was able to get the 1st cd to play for about a min before it skipped then stopped. I then got a message saying STOP. When I tried to restart it I got a LOADING message but it never did.
I tool the cd magazine out put in different CDs and when I hit the CDC button on the head unit it says loading then kicks back to the radio. I can hear the unit making noises if I open the boot and get close.

Markt213 03-24-2019 09:56 AM

Cd Changer problem

Could anyone with a Cd Changer help me as I don’t have a operation manual.

Do I need to somehow rest the cd Changer?
Am I accessing the Changer correctly?
Here is what I am doing
I push the button to turn on the Stereo.
I push the CD button twice to switch from the single disk to the Changer
I get a message saying LOADING but after a moment it just switches back to radio.
The magazine is correctly loaded with store bought cd’s.
I can hear noises from the Changer.

Thank you for your help!

Cunningr 03-24-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markt213 (Post 591598)
Could anyone with a Cd Changer help me as I don’t have a operation manual.

Do I need to somehow rest the cd Changer?
Am I accessing the Changer correctly?
Here is what I am doing
I push the button to turn on the Stereo.
I push the CD button twice to switch from the single disk to the Changer
I get a message saying LOADING but after a moment it just switches back to radio.
The magazine is correctly loaded with store bought cd’s.
I can hear noises from the Changer.

Thank you for your help!

Did you double check the cartridge is loaded correctly? You might try 1 disk just to see if you can get it to work. I took mine out, never sounded very good was always using the hu.

Markt213 03-24-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunningr (Post 591610)
Did you double check the cartridge is loaded correctly? You might try 1 disk just to see if you can get it to work. I took mine out, never sounded very good was always using the hu.

Thanks for the info but it still is not loading. Based on what I have seen so far it appears that the. CD Changer operating instructions are included with the CDR24 head unit manual. I will call the local Porsche Dealership tomorrow to see if they have access to the manual unless someone on line has a pdf.

Cheers

Cunningr 03-24-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markt213 (Post 591615)
Thanks for the info but it still is not loading. Based on what I have seen so far it appears that the. CD Changer operating instructions are included with the CDR24 head unit manual. I will call the local Porsche Dealership tomorrow to see if they have access to the manual unless someone on line has a pdf.

Cheers

I googled for my manuals found some pdf versions, but in the end i just ordered a set in english. My manuals were in Spanish, good to have anyways.