Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #1

Garage
CEL Post Clutch Job

I drove the car today after my clutch and IMS job. I got a CEL and a string of error codes from my Durametric.

P1602 p0160 p1117 p1121

Monday or Tuesday I will check the connectors for the O2 sensors. Maybe I bumped them. I also removed the intake tube to get at the top bolt of the tranmission. Which means I need to check that it is connected properly and is not causing an intake leak. For good measure I will also make sure that I did not bump the MAF sensor connections.

Any other suggestions?

Old 08-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #2

Garage
I did a quick check of the O2 sensors and they appeared be plugged in correctly. I drove the car a bit and the lights came back. I am going to have to put up on the lift. I am a little tight on time - My Jeep had a brake issue. I am on a time line to get the Jeep fixed before the inspection expires.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
I drove the car today after my clutch and IMS job. I got a CEL and a string of error codes from my Durametric.

P1602 p0160 p1117 p1121

Monday or Tuesday I will check the connectors for the O2 sensors. Maybe I bumped them. I also removed the intake tube to get at the top bolt of the tranmission. Which means I need to check that it is connected properly and is not causing an intake leak. For good measure I will also make sure that I did not bump the MAF sensor connections.

Any other suggestions?
P1602: power supply interruption (battery disconnected)
P0160: interruption of signal or ground on O2 sensor behind the cat on bank 2
P1117: heating current too low on O2 sensor ahead of cat on bank 1
P1121: heating current too low on o2 sensor ahead of cat on bank 2

P1602 can happen anytime the battery is disconnected; the rest seem to be wiring issues.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
P1602: power supply interruption (battery disconnected)
P0160: interruption of signal or ground on O2 sensor behind the cat on bank 2
P1117: heating current too low on O2 sensor ahead of cat on bank 1
P1121: heating current too low on o2 sensor ahead of cat on bank 2

P1602 can happen anytime the battery is disconnected; the rest seem to be wiring issues.
Thank you. After clearing the initial four codes, the P1602 has not returned. At one point in time during the clutch job, I managed to drain the battery. I can easily understand why that one has not returned.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #5

Garage
I ordered a pair of O2 sensors. After digging into the truck and hear sheilds to look at the rear sensors the problem was apparent. All of the wires into the plug for the drivers side sensor where hanging free. I had previously checked the connections on the wrong sensors. I had looked at the precat sensors. I went ahead and changed the post cat O2 sensor. I cleared the pending codes and drove the car with no CEL issues.