Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #21
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenzrule View Post
Anyone know if the muffler bypass can be wired to a switch in the dash, rather than a key fob? I like the Soul piece and have heard sound clips, but do not want a key fob. If I can wire to a switch, I'll likely go this route. If I cannot, I'm going to have to keep searching for something else.
Anything can be done. But their kit isn't ready for that. You'd need to tap the wires yourself..... which would be very, very easy, if you're handy at all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:13 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Anything can be done. But their kit isn't ready for that. You'd need to tap the wires yourself..... which would be very, very easy, if you're handy at all.

I haven't seen what their control unit looks like. If it has easy to locate solder points, I suppose it would be a rather simple task
Goldenzrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #23
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenzrule View Post
I haven't seen what their control unit looks like. If it has easy to locate solder points, I suppose it would be a rather simple task
It's simply a receiver (requiring 12v power) and a transmitter on the fob.
But from the receiver, it's two wires to the solenoid. You'll simply cut the receiver off of those two wires and wire-in a switch instead of the receiver. There's nothing to it. Except voiding the warranty. ;-) (I really doubt John would care that you forego the fob. Hell, they'd probably sell it to you without the controller. But don't plan on that saving you $15. I but receivers like that on Amazon all the time for under $15)

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:26 PM   #24

This was one of the few threads I found when looking for info on how to install this thing. Just finished the job and made a detailed install video so figured I'd post here in hopes to help someone else looking for the same info

https://youtu.be/8hqX43ak-as

2015 Ninja 300
TTGator is offline   Reply With Quote