Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #1

Supersprint Exhaust System

www.supersprint.com

As a new member to the 986 Forum I must admit that this place rocks with loads of information!! I own a 2000 Boxster S (Artic Silver w/hardtop) and 18" Turbo wheels. Great ride but, now I would like to add more power. After reading all sorts of messages from the forum I hope to add some new info to this site. Superprint now has headers, cats, and exhaust muffler with various tips. I currently have the Supersprint exhaust Muffler with dual tips and the sound is great! I'm still looking for more ??? ;P)

My main goal is to find the system that best fits our cars in respect to performance gain! I'm looking at headers, sport cats, Evo Intake, ECU mods. The question is which parts are the ones to choose?? FVD, S-Car-Go, etc... So many claim to add 33hp which is good if it's true. So, I'm asking all to input and lets talk about who has what and what type of dyno info you have to back up what you have added and how much power gain did you get. At the Supersprint web site they have dyno info for all engines on the 986: 2.5, 2.7, & 3.2.

Ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
Houston, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Rothbauer_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:15 PM   #2

if you look at some other posts I mention some parts that I think are probably some of the most superior, but also probably the most expensive. I have become a big fan of T-T-P and Gemballa products for both performance and looks
Old 02-13-2004, 04:40 AM   #3

Supersprint Exhaust + Evo's High Flow Intake System

http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.asp?modello=pobox3

Over the Christmas Holidays I was finally able to install the Evo's High Air Flow Intake. It was a full half day (4.5hrs) install!! I can honestly stay with my Supersprint Muffler and Evo Air intake the car SOUNDS GREAT! Yes, There is more power in the mid range. No Dyno info just yet. I was hoping to get the headers and cats but, I am waiting untill someone in the USA can get the Supersprint Headers, Cats, Exhaust Setup. I will keep everyone posted.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

OEM
Claimed data:
Horsepower 260 Hp at 6200 rev/min
Torque 310 Nm a 4600 rev/min
Actual data:
Horsepower 253 Hp a 6480 rev/min
Torque 293 Nm a 5620 rev/min

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Supersprint:
- Manifold 241501
- Kat.241502
- Rear exhaust R.+ L. 241504
- Endpipe 241567
Actual data:
Horsepower 266,6 Hp at 6380 rev/min
Torque 309,5 Nm at 4730 rev/min

ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
Houston, Texas - USA

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Last edited by Rothbauer_Racing; 02-13-2004 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #4

Ok am I reading that right. I think it says after adding all those parts, your gaining 13hp and15lbft at the crank. What does that little package you have listed there cost? Oh, if you want to add something with alittle more punch check out www.fabspeed.com/ they have a package that adds around 35hp to the wheels not the crank. I would like to have it someday.

Last edited by Adam; 02-13-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #5

Adam,

Yes the supersprint exhaust system will add only 13hp and 15lbft but, the added Evo's high flow intake system and future ECU upgrade will make this a well rounded package. I am doing one at a time. No price yet on the Supersprint parts. The Cat back system is $1000 and when I find prices on headers and cats I will post. The big advantage is a combo with intake modification plus full exhaust upgrade and ECU. Yes fabspeed and other do the same thing. I started with Supersprint so, this will be go info for those that want to follow should the end results be good.

ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
Houston, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #6

Well, if that just the exhaust and intake(now that I read it again), 13hp isn't shabby at all really. A lot of aftermarket exhausts don't add hp or actually steal hp away. Your right about fabspeed, the package is the highflo intake, header, exhaust, and ecu remap by dyno tuning. 35hp at the wheels would definately be a noticable difference. I'm not sure what the price is exactly, but I bet it's at least 5k, probabbly more.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:38 AM   #7

I am getting some prices and they are a bit high but, they will not be available until 2 or 3 weeks time. So far from 2 sources I am getting close if not right at 5k for the entire setup.

ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
Houston, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Last edited by Rothbauer_Racing; 02-18-2004 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:38 AM   #8

Here is my Boxster S with upgrades!!

ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
Houston, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #9
porsche986

nice car, fantastic...

looks great mate

Last edited by porsche986; 02-18-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #10

Glad you enjoyed the images. I see some have upgraded to GT3 front ends and I have always liked the GT2 Front Bumper but, notice that the Front Lights from the GT2 are different? I am wondering if an OEM GT2 front end would bolt on without any problems, of course along with the correct GT2 lights...

The front GT2 vent grill are just mean looking!

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-19-2004, 06:17 AM   #11
porsche986

i have ordered the GT2 front bumper from ruf a few weeks ago and should be here very soon. I wanted to change the clear standard boxster lights also as seen in the pic. I asked for advise but i still wasnt clear on what to do. You must repplace the front bumper, which i am doing... I will replace the light but then someone said you have to replace the sides also... i didnt know what this was????

1. bumper ok
2. light ok
3. what else needs to be done to make the full change as pictured above. I dont wanna spend £2,000 to find i need to convert something else, any kind of help would be greatful.
the pic below is nearly the same apart from mine is the GT2 bumper

This is how i want my boxster front, again i have the bumper and lights, comming but what else do i need to do?

also anyone know where i can get the back vented boot from???

Last edited by porsche986; 02-19-2004 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #12

Porsche986,

Now that is what I'm talking about! Very nice looking GT2 conversion!!! The parts look OEM and in regard to what else you might need I can not say but, this attachment of parts list might clear things up. If you need a detailed high quality scan email at stanislaus@rothbauer.us and I will send it your way so you can see what other parts are connected to the front bumper. The prices are based on USA Collision & Repair shops.

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #13
porsche986

yer, that will be great, will send email now
Old 02-19-2004, 04:30 PM   #14

That whole Gt2 conversion has to be expensive. Even the headlights have to be changed! Yikes. Thats between 1-2 grand right there. I bet the whole deal costs around 4-5k? I like the GT2 frontend, but I don't like it that much. lol
Old 02-19-2004, 04:37 PM   #15
porsche986

its cost me £2000 for the bumper to be sent, fitted and painted. another 900 for lights. and i havent even got the rest yet..
Old 02-20-2004, 03:12 AM   #16

That is Rami's car. Unless you have twin turbos I do not think you need a vented boot for the intercoolers.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:45 AM   #17
porsche986

yer i know its his car i sold him some stuff way back...

but i liked the vented boot.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:39 PM   #18

Hi Folks,

I am Andy, in the UK.
I've just found your site and registered. looks like you have some good info on here. So a big hello and I am looking forward to visiting the site.

I am really interested to see this thread as I am looking for an exhaust for my 2000 boxster S that i got last November, love it to bits already but would like it to sound a bit fruitier!

I have seen info on the Supersprint system and it looks and seems really well made, although the importer has not supplied any over here yet. I might be willing to be the first to give it a go.

I take it from your comments above that you are happy with the system you fitted, part numbers are the same as I am considering.

Does it have any of the "booming" at certain revs that I keep reading about?

Any other relevant info for a prospective purchaser please?

Cheers

Andy
Andy, Watford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #19

Do you have a picture of the Supersprint system?
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 PM   #20

Hi TP.

Seen you over on Boxa.net which I joined just before Christmas.

The system is shown in Rothbauer's pictures above, or their complete system listing is on www.supersprint.com . I am only considering the rear muffler, headers and Kats would be great but too much for me.

cheers

Andy

Andy, Watford is offline   Reply With Quote