Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #1

Garage
Seat mounting options

Hey guys, I've got several modifications on the horizon for this autocross season, one of which is a Sparco Corsa seat I picked up from a co-worker for a deal I couldn't turn down. Anyone on here got a Sparco seat? I'm trying to figure out which side mounts to go with...I'm looking at the Planted base and Sparco sliders, but don't know which side mounts to go with. I don't have a harness (yet), so I need something that will allow me to mount the seatbelt receptical to it...any insight is welcome!

Seal Grey Sasha 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

These are the components that I used to mount my Sparco Pro2000 racing seats and they have a side mount for the Corsa.

Seat mounting can be rather complicated so I'd suggest giving either BK or a dealer (like OG Racing) a call to make sure that everything will bolt up.

Boxster Sparco Seat Mounting
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What Tom said

Those planted bases are nice but they may add a little height and they look heavy. Brey Krause has floor mount adapters that add very little height, and they probably have a side mount with a seat belt receptacle mount which can save a few mm of height as well.

I would call BK directly and tell them what you want to do with the car, whether you are tall and need to maximize headroom, and they will tell you what you need. OG Racing can also tell you, and also sell it to you (unsure if bk sells direct)

Picking the seat is the easy part the mounting adapters, brackets, sliders, sub bars, etc together can cost as much as your seat (depending on the seat) and there are many options.

I personally am running the BK 9044 floor mount with integrated sub bar, and no slider, for maximum headroom. The downside there is that the seat is not adjustable for other drivers and it is awkward to get at the access panel behind the seat.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I personally am running the BK 9044 floor mount with integrated sub bar, and no slider, for maximum headroom. The downside there is that the seat is not adjustable for other drivers and it is awkward to get at the access panel behind the seat.
I happen to have one of those for sale, if OP decides to go that route. I thought I would use it for my race build but my DS seat is instead custom mounted to the floor. You would just need to buy the appropriate BK side mounts for whatever seat you settle on.
Spec Boxster #714
PGas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGas32 View Post
I happen to have one of those for sale, if OP decides to go that route. I thought I would use it for my race build but my DS seat is instead custom mounted to the floor. You would just need to buy the appropriate BK side mounts for whatever seat you settle on.
PGas, pm sent regarding the mount

Seal Grey Sasha 986 is offline   Reply With Quote