Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 04:51 AM   #1

Garage
TipTronic Fault Codes P1818 & P1823

I just purchased a Durametric cable and attached it to my MY04S with a Tiptronic. I ran a scan of the car and two fault codes were displayed.

P1818 Pressure Regulator 2

P1823 Pressure Regulator 3

Is this something serious? To my knowledge the transmission has never been worked on.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Old 05-02-2015, 05:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post
I just purchased a Durametric cable and attached it to my MY04S with a Tiptronic. I ran a scan of the car and two fault codes were displayed.

P1818 Pressure Regulator 2

P1823 Pressure Regulator 3

Is this something serious? To my knowledge the transmission has never been worked on.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
The Tip valve body and pump system uses several solenoid valves to control pressure and flow within the system. These valves tend to get gummed up with debris and varnish if the fluid is not changed regularly, and on a much shorter cycle than the factory suggests. If the blockages become bad enough, the unit has to come apart for replacements, which ain't cheap.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks JFP.

Would you suggest a fluid change out or should the pan be dropped and have a filter changed as well?

Don
Old 05-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post
Thanks JFP.

Would you suggest a fluid change out or should the pan be dropped and have a filter changed as well?

Don
We always do both as it gives you a chance to clean the crud out of the pan floor as well.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #5
495 fun car

eicheldp, were you successful taking care of your trouble codes? I've just acquired my own durametric and scanned my vehicle today. I received the same codes. Getting ready to change my fluid and filter. Any extra tidbits of advice?

TPISP495 is offline   Reply With Quote