Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #21

thanks, if i'm looking at the diagram correctly, is that the hard plastic tube that is located underneath the third oil filler pipe that attaches to the engine block? I'm asking bc in maneuvering the oil filler pipe on, i broke that tube....

nmdarby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdarby54 View Post
thanks, if i'm looking at the diagram correctly, is that the hard plastic tube that is located underneath the third oil filler pipe that attaches to the engine block? I'm asking bc in maneuvering the oil filler pipe on, i broke that tube....
yep, I did the same thing, broke it in half right in the middle. I was going to replace it until I saw the $120 price tag. I ended up fixing it with fiberfix repair wrap.
1 in. x 1.1 yds. Repair Wrap-857101004006 - The Home Depot
been holding up for several months with no issues.

ps. also put a "plumbing" coupler in it for extra support. I don't recall the size (3/8 i think), but it fit perfectly. similar to this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Freeman-3-8-in-x-3-8-in-Male-to-Male-Barbed-Coupler-Z3838MMBC/203518338

Last edited by kiyakubuke; 11-24-2015 at 09:05 AM.
kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #23

perfect, my thoughts exactly, was just going to get a flex hose to fit over the two broken pieces, use radiator clamps on either side and hopefully that would alleviate the issue...thanks for the tips.. will let u know how it goes.. thanks again!!

nmdarby54 is offline   Reply With Quote