Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 239
Thread size on the water temperature sensor?

Does anyone know the thread size on the water temperature sensor? This is for a 2000 Boxster S
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Does anyone know the thread size on the water temperature sensor? This is for a 2000 Boxster S
the thread size is 14mm.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
the thread size is 14mm.
Thank you! That's m14x1.5 I'm assuming?
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Thank you! That's m14x1.5 I'm assuming?
i whould say just yes, but i needed to type more then 10 characters .
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
i whould say just yes, but i needed to type more then 10 characters .
Haha thanks!
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,575
Garage
wait a second.
i just saw your other thread.
are you planing to install the OEM temp sensor on your V8 engine?
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
wait a second.
i just saw your other thread.
are you planing to install the OEM temp sensor on your V8 engine?
Yeah, I need it for the gauges to work. Porsche sensor will go in the left head and GM sensor in the right.
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Yeah, I need it for the gauges to work. Porsche sensor will go in the left head and GM sensor in the right.
i'm not sure if the temperature sensor connects directly to the cluster, or goes Through the ECU.
i suggest you look at electric diagrams, as i assume you are not going to use the OEM ECU, but the V8 one.
what year is your boxster (and cluster)?
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
i'm not sure if the temperature sensor connects directly to the cluster, or goes Through the ECU.
i suggest you look at electric diagrams, as i assume you are not going to use the OEM ECU, but the V8 one.
what year is your boxster (and cluster)?
Its a 2000 Booster S. I will actually be using the Porsche ecu to run some stuff like the gauges, fuel pump, etc . I'll have to cut down the harness quite a bit of course.
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Its a 2000 Booster S. I will actually be using the Porsche ecu to run some stuff like the gauges, fuel pump, etc . I'll have to cut down the harness quite a bit of course.
in that case your good to go.
good luck, and update us with your project.
sounds very interesting, and i'm sure people hear would love to see some pics of the process.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page