Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #21
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
First of all, stop referring to it as a DOF, that is a different product and I believe copyrighted name for that system. The oil fed LN system is the IMS Solution.

I really do not have answer for your question of moving an IMS Solution retrofit. I know you cannot move any of the LN ceramic bearings as the extraction process damages the bearing. Perhaps that question would best be directed at Jake Raby, but my hunch would be no.
Ok, wont use DOF, that's Pedro's solution, was just trying to keep the post short. The only reason I'm thinking it could be moved to another engine as it has no moving parts.

Maybe Jake will comment on that and sorry Jake for using DOF when referring to your IMS Solution.

KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #22
Beginner

Garage
If someone offers to remove your engine to change the IMSB, don't back away from that deal, turn and run.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 AM   #23

Garage
"Mantis in Oakville was around $2200 plus tax etc. LN double row."

"We know a shop in Ontario called Hunter Motorsports. Give them a call and see if they can help you, we have worked with them in the past. Brent is the owner, so ask for him.
Hopefully this helps...Good luck!"

Great tips! Thankyou for everyone's input! This Boxster is not going to have her engine pulled for an IMSB,

pilut2 is offline   Reply With Quote