Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodblake View Post
Thank you! I found Audizine last night and have been doing a lot reading. I also found the 034Motorsport makes a Flywheel Insert, but I cant find anything on if it will work with the boxster trans or what clutch to use. Also what do you mean by an aftermarket stand alone system? Are talking about a harness or the ECU I have not seen any after market harness that would be nice.

As for the pic I found it on this forum it from the same guy that did the sti swap kit however he does not plan on making a kit for the audi 4.2. The engine in the pic is the ABZ engine. At the moment I plan on using the same engine as the stock 5 speed trans "should" be able to handle the power 300hp. I don't know if he ever finished the swap as I cant find anymore info on it other then finding the same pics on other forums.
I know 034motorsports makes an engine harness with their own ECU for the 2.7T. I think they also have one for the 4.2, but don't take my word for it. If they don't, someone else out there I'm sure does. I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't remember where. The 034 stand alone isn't cheap. Another good source of info is kit-car forums(Gt40.com I think). Because the Audi transmissions seem to be the trans of choice among the kit-car crowd, some of them are experimenting with Audi motors too.

I agree about starting out with the 5 speed for now. Just be gentle with it.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #22

Garage
Bought my Box S roller with an open mind to PMotors and LS. After reading and reading, I eliminating the PMotors and settled on the LS. Now I have to decide if I want to reopen my research to include the Audi. Opinions from the Gallery are welcome.
BOOTLEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #23
On the slippery slope

Garage
I wonder how much a running M96 2.7 with 120k is worth
That mileage will scare a lot of people off

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote