Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys - much appreciated. Shame that the 986 has the flex piping and the 987 and on stuff doesn't. Never did understand that.

If either of you don't mind, did you buy direct from Fabspeed or use a third-party reseller? If the latter, which one?

Thx.
The flex piping allows it to move a little and probably reduces the drone slightly
as well. I had one bad flex piece I guess these things happen.... for the price you
wouldn't think so, but hey I've seen worse. At least Fabspeed was good about the
repair I would have been a lot more upset if they hadn't fixed it for free.

I ordered mine through European Road and Racing and had it shipped directly to my address. (ask for Charles) :-)
European Road and Racing Link
Heiko

Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys - much appreciated. Shame that the 986 has the flex piping and the 987 and on stuff doesn't. Never did understand that.

If either of you don't mind, did you buy direct from Fabspeed or use a third-party reseller? If the latter, which one?

Thx.
I bought directly through FabSpeed. The guys there are very knowledgeable about their product. I called them several times and they were great to work with as I was modding my car a little at a time. The last thing I am going to do is send them my ECU so they can flash it.

'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, GT projectors, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote