Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #1

How to diagnose and resolve hessitation using Durametric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I tried cleaning the MAF with throttle body cleaner spray, and was getting the P0507 Idle air control value fault and then the P0102 MAF fault, so I thought I messed up the maf.

I was also getting bad readings on the digital dipstick as one day it showed 1 bar down from full and then after a test drive it was showing 1 bar from the bottom. Now its showing 1 bar down from full again.

A good reason to never trust the digital dipstick.

Today I bought some MAF cleaner spray and sprayed the heck out of it in every nook and cranny, and to my utter surprise the car suddenly shows no faults and purrs like a kitten again.

Wow, that maf is very sensitive and picky on what its cleaned with. Seems like any kind of residue what so ever and it will not work right.

Update -
By the end of the first day driving around with the cleaned MAF it started to stumble again on harder acceleration.
This time it throws codes P1126 and P1133 along with the check engine light.

Based on the forum searches its pointing back to the MAF again and apparently when the MAF is on its way out it can sometimes be revived temporarily with a cleaning.

I ordered a new MAF from Pelican.
I got the new MAF installed and it seems a lot better and it has not thrown any codes yet but it has this odd hesitation.

I would be cruising at 4000 rpm and 50 mph with steady pressure on the throttle pedal and I can suddenly feel a hesitation and small loss of power for a second and then it carries on again with regular power for about 5 seconds(random interval actually) and then has this hesitation again.

Also when punching throttle it revs right up and at over 5k revs it hesitates momentarily.

What could be causing that?

This all started after my AOS failure and replacement a couple weeks ago now, which led to the MAF replacement.

It does idle fine, and I have reset the computer and done the DME adaptation thing with the ignition on and off etc.

I did get a few P0507 codes the Idle Air control Valve but since the new MAF install have not gotten that or any other codes.

Seem now like the issue is with higher rev range.

I do have some suction at the oil cap but its not at all strong and the cap come off easy so I don't think its an AOS issue anymore.

I have tried but can not detect any vacuum leaks using TB cleaner spray around hoses.

The gas cap rubber ring does look like its a little cracked so I plan to change that as well since anything vacuum related is the only thing I can think of at this point.

Any suggestions?

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-09-2014 at 01:18 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #2

....................................... Moved a new topic

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-09-2014 at 01:35 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnose durametric