Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #21
On the slippery slope

Garage
you can buy a Durametric for less than $300 and that will clear the airbag light and CEL

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #22
Iowa

What is a Duramatic? I'm interested in anything to fix that problem for the lowest dollar.
Marty Talarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
Iowa

I totally agree, with what a Customer of dealer service should expect. I bought and paid for 4 new tires and a key fobthat the dealer did not have in stock. When the key fob was in I drove from Des Moines, Ia. To Woodhouse Porsche in Omaha, Ne. to have tires put on and get the fob programmed. When I get there, they put on tires that were about a hundred dollars cheaper per tire. The key fob was sold to someone else that day, and the car needed to be present to program the fob. So I demanded that they pay me back, and pay me the difference of the tires. Theygot the airbag light off but the CEL is still on. When I got back home, I saw my tire air vavle covers that were
the metal Porsche ones were replaced with the black plastic ones. I yelled at the dealer and they said they will ship me new ones.
I will never do business with keep Woodhouse in Omaha again.
Woodhouse sent me a refund on the key fob about two weeks after I called every day. They also paid me back the tire difference, and sent me new valve caps. They said they used their wheel lock nut key, that they couldn't find mine. But I put it by the spare tire that day, so it was there. Never tell anyone working on your car, that you live out of town, but that doesn't make since. I guess they could always see your license plates.

Last edited by Marty Talarico; 07-15-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Marty Talarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #24
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Talarico View Post
What is a Duramatic? I'm interested in anything to fix that problem for the lowest dollar.
Durametric is an advanced code reader for P-cars.
A regular code reader will not give you data on many of the Porsche systems. The Durametric is far more than just a code reader

Do a search on the forum and you will gets lots of info

Google Durametric and their website will give you more info
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 06-20-2014 at 09:40 PM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Yes. Both DME's run Motronic 7.2 but since the displacement is different, you'll need to change the maps.

Yes, a PST2 or PIWIS is needed. Some indy's and 3rd parties can do this also like Softronic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I have reflashed 7.8 DMEs as recently as last month and as I said above a PST-2 with the latest version of software only asks what model of Porsche it is and what part of the world the car is being used. It does not ask for the displacement.
Can someone comment with maybe some updated info? I am swapping a 3.2L into a 2.7L and I keep getting conflicting answers.Thanks! I understand that with the 3.4L 996 engine you definitely need to have it remapped.
JustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #26

Garage
Ecu doctor had to replace my Immobilizer and reprogram with one new key fob cost $1200.00 dollars There is a member that is cheaper his user name is Qmulus.Shoot him a private message.
gabedrummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Can someone comment with maybe some updated info? I am swapping a 3.2L into a 2.7L and I keep getting conflicting answers.Thanks! I understand that with the 3.4L 996 engine you definitely need to have it remapped.
You just need to update the map in the DME with a PST2 or PIWIS like thstone and PAUL mentioned. It’s really easy. I have done this over a dozen times with 996 3.4 swap into a 986, ROW map upgrade, and S motor into a base car like you are doing. Just get the programming codes from your dealer and find someone with a PST2 or PIWIS. Only takes 2 minutes to enter the DME programming code and pick the the right map and 7-8 minutes to update the DME with the map. 10 mins total time to do the map update.

Last edited by SoloPierre; 06-29-2019 at 09:36 AM.
SoloPierre is offline   Reply With Quote