Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 04:06 AM   #1

ECU Re-mapping Problem (Help!)

Last week, I installed EVO high-flo and send the ECU to EVO to have it re-mapped. When I installed the ECU, I noticed that my Cruise Control indicator light stays on at all time and the switch does not work anymore. I disconnect the battery to see if that resets it and that did not work. The car performs great and there is a noticeable power/Torque gain from the mod. I have also installed Fabspeed (Dansk) sport muffler and the by pass 2nd Cats pipes. The car is super smooth through all gears. If any one experience Cruise Control problem in the past or have recommendation on how to fix this, I greatly appreciate the help.

B&M short shifter
IPD Cayman-S Plenum
80mm Throttle Body
FVD Sport Muffler
Fabspeed catbypass
EVO Intake
PSS9
Light flywheel and Sach stage II clutch
Front/Rear Strut Brace
Undetectable K40/3
Rear Defuser
Rear spoiler
kias@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:51 AM   #2

I have never seen that problem on a GIAC flash tune. I would pull the ECU back out, and make certain that there are no bent pins in the ecu where the connectors connect to. If that is all good, then give Todd @ Evo a call, maybe he knows something I don't.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #3

Kais

You said that you installed the 2nd cat bypass pipes from fabspeed. Can you tell us a little more about it? Sound, performance, worth the $. etc.
Factory side skirts
18" turbo look wheels
Painted roll bars and centre console
Alumimum shifter and handbrakes
Litronic lights
B&M short shifter
Evo air intake
Turbo look bumper with C4S lip
Borla muffler
2nd Cat bypass pipes
nastyboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #4

I had to install the Cat-by pass pipes myself, since the shop did not want to have anything to do with EPA type fines (removing the old cats). The pipes install easily and the sound got deeper. I have the Fabspeed sport muffler (which is really Dansk) and also the EVO in my intake, so when you are under 3000 RPM, does not sound loud, but oh boy when you floor it the car sounds like a formula one car when it reaches the 4800+ RPM.

I also installed the PSS9 kit along with front and rear strut braces yesterday and just got back from 4 wheel alignment (which is needed after the PSS9) kit. The PSS9 kit feels great and did not sacrifice any comfort, but you can turn on a dime now.

The EVO guys called me yesterday, looks like they loaded a new program to my ECU that was preliminary and that’s the reason my cruise control and AC did not work (disabled in the ECU configuration, it is all software).

So I am send the ECU back to them for re-loads. The car is much more responsive in all the gears even the 6th, when you push the gas (no hesitation).

B&M short shifter
IPD Cayman-S Plenum
80mm Throttle Body
FVD Sport Muffler
Fabspeed catbypass
EVO Intake
PSS9
Light flywheel and Sach stage II clutch
Front/Rear Strut Brace
Undetectable K40/3
Rear Defuser
Rear spoiler