Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Allen K. Littlefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Paltz, NY 12561
Posts: 935
Question Waterless coolant

Have any of you any experience with this product? Just read about in the the UK publication, "911 & Porsche World and it sounds good. Pricey but you only have to do it once. If this has been covered on this forum already I am not aware of it so don't flame to much.

AKL

Coolants » Engine Cooling Systems
__________________
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Theoretical propagandist
 
Eric G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 793
Garage
Interesting concoction...I am at least intrigued maybe not for my Porsche but maybe in my race bike and or dual sport.

I am going to be interested in what others have to say on this...
__________________
When life throws you curves, aim for the apex...
Eric G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Registered User
 
The Radium King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,873
cool. initially I thought it was a joke - click on the link and get sent to a picture of an air-cooled 911 - waterless!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
cool. initially I thought it was a joke - click on the link and get sent to a picture of an air-cooled 911 - waterless!
I'm waterless

About 12 quarts of Mobil V-Twin 20W50. Yes, this is a motorcycle engine oil. My engine is just a B I G motorcycle engine.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Flavor 987S; 06-18-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Registered User
 
kodabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26
Well unless you are driving in zero percent humidity, air contains some water in the form of vapor and is thus not truly waterless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
I'm waterless

About 12 quarts of Mobil V-Twin 20W50. Yes, this is a motorcycle engine oil. My engine is just a B I G motorcycle engine.
kodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Have any of you any experience with this product? Just read about in the the UK publication, "911 & Porsche World and it sounds good. Pricey but you only have to do it once. If this has been covered on this forum already I am not aware of it so don't flame to much.

AKL

Coolants » Engine Cooling Systems
Overly expensive gimmick looking for a reason to exist.................
__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodabear View Post
Well unless you are driving in zero percent humidity, air contains some water in the form of vapor and is thus not truly waterless
I do not drive in the rain, or if there is a 30% chance of rain. And when I store the car for winter I use several pounds of desiccant in the cabin to keep humidity very-very low.

Oh yeah, I run nitrogen in the tires, to further reduce moisture there too.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page