Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #1

Post Hardtop Removal

Can someone help how to remove my hardtop step by step on a 2002 boxster.
Thanks.....

artneop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #2

Disconnect the wire connector for the heated hard top rear window just behind the drivers seat headrest area.Look around a bit.It's difficult to see.

Remove the plastic pop off plate above the rear view mirror.Easy to do,just don't grab very hard and be sure to put it somewhere where it can't get lost.

There is a lever that was hidden by the plate that you just removed.Pull it down.

Behind EACH seat on the actual interior of the car body is a small lever that thankfully has a red knob on it to make it more visible.Rotate the lever up a bit and you will see it release the top a bit. After both are rotated up,have a helper get on the other side of the car and lift straight up and walk down the sides of the car to-wards the back and place the hard top on a blanket out of the way FAR from the car. DON'T run over it!The hard top only weighs 55 pounds but it is a 2 person job so that you don't scratch it or the car!
litespeedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #3

Thumbs up Hardtop Removal

I thought it was harder to remove it.
Thanks a million!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

Someone had to show me step by step the first time.Lol!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #5

Angry Rear Window heat wire connector

I need some help, I can not disconnect the defrost wire connector on my boxster hardtop. It seems to be glued to it.
THX
Old 05-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #6

The connector might require a little bit of a tug to get loose but it's important to only grab the connector part and not pull on the wire itself-just like removing a lamp cord form a wall in a home.The connector part of the cord is very small and you need a good grip.You might have someone hold a flashlight on it to make sure you are gripping the area properly.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #7

2 things. You do know that the defrost wire connector has two release latches, one on each side, that must be squeezed to release it. Also, it's easier to release the front latch on the top if you release the two rear side levers first. Takes tension off the front latch.

Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote