Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #1

Can a tank gauge lose pressure?

Hi,
I have a hot start problem with my 00 boxster S. it seems that it's losing fuel pressure after an hour and it starts only on 2 or 3 spin.

I already bought a new fuel pump but my mechanic indicate that I should buy also the tank gauge, carbon canister and vent line.

It seems that he doesn't know where the problem is and looking to change all the parts to eliminate the problem. if it what cheap, I would go for it with no problems but these parts are big on $.

Already got the fuel pump, so what to do now?

Thanks
Yaron

1971 conv' beetle, 2332cc (sold )
ybn533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybn533 View Post
Hi,
I have a hot start problem with my 00 boxster S. it seems that it's losing fuel pressure after an hour and it starts only on 2 or 3 spin.

I already bought a new fuel pump but my mechanic indicate that I should buy also the tank gauge, carbon canister and vent line.

It seems that he doesn't know where the problem is and looking to change all the parts to eliminate the problem. if it what cheap, I would go for it with no problems but these parts are big on $.

Thanks
Yaron
Just take it to any actual Porsche dealer for a quote on fixing the problem. Then take it whereever you want. Let them actually diagnose it correctly.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybn533 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Yaron
First, get the fuel pressure tested (takes about 5 min.). I would not be purchasing the other items as some of them are not even related to fuel pressure, but I would be shopping around for a new mechanic that understands Porsches......
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #4

I have gone through the same problem
take a look there:

hot start problem - Page 3 - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
philou320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
SPB racer

Garage
Start by replacing mechanic before replacing anything else.

Jittsl is offline   Reply With Quote