986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Can a tank gauge lose pressure? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/43332-can-tank-gauge-lose-pressure.html)

ybn533 02-26-2013 10:53 PM

Can a tank gauge lose pressure?

Hi,
I have a hot start problem with my 00 boxster S. it seems that it's losing fuel pressure after an hour and it starts only on 2 or 3 spin.

I already bought a new fuel pump but my mechanic indicate that I should buy also the tank gauge, carbon canister and vent line.

It seems that he doesn't know where the problem is and looking to change all the parts to eliminate the problem. if it what cheap, I would go for it with no problems but these parts are big on $.

Already got the fuel pump, so what to do now?

Thanks
Yaron

Timco 02-27-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybn533 (Post 329164)
Hi,
I have a hot start problem with my 00 boxster S. it seems that it's losing fuel pressure after an hour and it starts only on 2 or 3 spin.

I already bought a new fuel pump but my mechanic indicate that I should buy also the tank gauge, carbon canister and vent line.

It seems that he doesn't know where the problem is and looking to change all the parts to eliminate the problem. if it what cheap, I would go for it with no problems but these parts are big on $.

Thanks
Yaron

Just take it to any actual Porsche dealer for a quote on fixing the problem. Then take it whereever you want. Let them actually diagnose it correctly.

JFP in PA 02-27-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybn533 (Post 329164)
Hi,

Thanks
Yaron

First, get the fuel pressure tested (takes about 5 min.). I would not be purchasing the other items as some of them are not even related to fuel pressure, but I would be shopping around for a new mechanic that understands Porsches......

philou320 02-27-2013 10:24 PM

I have gone through the same problem
take a look there:

hot start problem - Page 3 - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Jittsl 02-28-2013 12:47 AM

Start by replacing mechanic before replacing anything else.