Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #1

Garage
Clock fitment for 97 Base 2.5 manual?

Hi,
I am looking for a replacement set of clock covers as mine has a crack in it. It seems easier to get another clock set complete but I can only find ones that have been removed from 2.7 and 3.2 models. They all have the 986 part number on them and visually look the same.

Does anyone know if these will fit and work on the 2.5. Ideally there would be no difference. Also would I need the OBC to be set up by a dealer?
Its currently not working (although its factory fitted) and the current clocks have been out as the right hand dial have been replaced at some point.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
SPB racer

Garage
I don't know it as a certainty that it won't work but I would be very concerned about subtle differences that make them incompatible and requiring modification. There were many changes in the transistion from 99-2000. I would be stunned if they were simply plug and play.

I find it hard to believe that you cant find a pod from a 97-99 or even an early 996 (which would add the volt and oil pressure gauges and I think is documented as a modification on the Pelican site). I'm pretty certain if you called around the usual suspects or waited on eBay you would find what you need.

Not much help but all I got.
Jittsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #3

Garage
Gauge position changed in 2001 so I think 2000 & older would be your only hope. Make sure you get proper transmission application

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote