Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #1

Parking Sensors

Hi, when I bought my 02 boxster the parking module was disconnected. I connected both plugs and got a steady tone when in reverse - hence why they were disconnected.

I get the same symptoms with either both plugs connected or with the parking sensor plug disconnected.

I did a quick resistance check from the sensor plug and got an open circuit across every combination of pins. I am not sure if this is indicative of my problem as I do not know what values I should see across the pins.

Can anybody help with what my next diagnosis should be?

Where is the connector break between the park assist module and the sensors? I looked behind the carpet trip in the rear hatch - nothing obvious.

Thanks
Simon

ferrytrip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #2

Are you sure the parking sensor option was installed? Sure there is wiring there but are the actual sensors even on the car?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #3

There are 4 sensors on the rear bumper and the park assist module is sitting under the seat. It beeps when all connected so that means speaker and wiring is there. If this indicates the option was installed then I would say yes it probably is.

Thanks, Simon
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #4

Option 635 here in the US.

Really rare. I'd ask around on other forums too as it is going to be hard to find anyone who has any experience with these.

List of forums boxsterforums - mikefocke2
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #5

I've just had the exact same problem occur today. Before that my sensors were working perfectly. Any update on your issue?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Richard View Post
I've just had the exact same problem occur today. Before that my sensors were working perfectly. Any update on your issue?
Mine was quite simple I'm afraid loose connection - my mech found it, reconnected and problem was solved.

Sorry couldnt be more help

Simon