Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #1

No Sound from Rear Speakers! Any suggestions?

I have a 2003 Boxster S. I recently, just after Christmas, installed the PNP rear speaker kit that I ordered from Harvey on ebay. The install went well with no issues and the kit was working until last week when I noticed there was no sound coming from the rear. The front and door speakers work just as they always have, just no sound coming from the rear speakers. I checked all of the rear speakers and they are not defective. I also checked all continuity on the wires in the rear enclosure and running from the front amp and everything checks out ok. I have been in touch with Harvey about the issue and he has been fantastic about resolving the issue, but we still haven't come up with a solution. Everything right now points to a bad amp, but it is hard for me to imagine that only the rear channel outputs, both left and right, on the amp have gone out. Has anyone had any similar problems?