Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 01:00 PM   #1

Talking lookalike litronics

hey want some advice my 02 boxster came without litronics but i like the look who doesnt? so i want blue lighting that will give me the look. autozone has no clue so help me find a source.also please tell me part numbers or a way i can find them as well as contact info on suppliers

Last edited by rbailes1128; 04-18-2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: my office mates are clowns
rbailes1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #2

you can change the H7 headlight bulbs, you can buy differnet color bulbs to make it look like the litronic headlights....
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #3

Or you can go out and buy some Litronic lights. I don't know how much it is for new ones, but I bought mine used from a porsche dismantler in LA. It cost me $1000. Wiring harness was included too, but I think he forgot to charge me for these.

Their site is below. They do decent business. I was happy with the deal they gave me, but some of the orders took over a month to receive; I feel that they forgot about shipping it out. I would rate them 4/10 for that incident. But besides that, they are pretty prompt. I would do business with them, but they wouldn't be my first choice anymore.

HTTP://LAPORSCHE.COM
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #4

Brand new complete set of Litronic headlights from Suncoast Porsche $1200
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #5

I would be interested in the bluer bulbs as well.. Anybody got some they recommend?

Mike
99-Boxster-MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 AM   #6

Summit Racing - Matrox H7 Ultimate White for a good white beam and Ultra White for a good blue white beam. Runs $15-$20 pair. If you are looking for plain blue, can't help your there, thats too rice for me.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 AM   #7
Watch Freak

www.xenonlightshid.com
2006 BMW 750i 19" Sport Wheels BK/BK-Daily
2005 Lotus Elise Sport & Touring Package-Fun
2001 Lexus RX300-Back-up Winter Beater
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Sport AMG-Sold
2000 Boxster S Heavily Modified-Sold
2000 Nissan Altima GLE-Parking Spot Holder
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #8

I have H7 in stock if interested...

1 year warranty on these lights if purchased through me at xclusivecar.com. Here is the actual link to the lighting page:
http://www.xclusivecar.com/catalog/metal_white_xenon_313501_products.htm

Paul
Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbailes1128
hey want some advice my 02 boxster came without litronics but i like the look who doesnt? so i want blue lighting that will give me the look. autozone has no clue so help me find a source.also please tell me part numbers or a way i can find them as well as contact info on suppliers

Fake bulbs easy to spot... REAL Lits are the only to go.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #10

Not to mention that the light output on those blue-tinted bulbs is significantly less than the standard halogens. Don't bother doing it unless you really feel the need to show the world how much of a poseur you are!

The only "hid-look" bulbs I've ever seen that were worth anything are the Silverstar bulbs from... I forget who--is it Sylvania? Thing is, most of the riceboys don't like them very much because they are just more white, rather than giving your car that "hey look! My bulbs are annoying and bluish so I must have HID!!!" appearance.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #11

I think a nice white bulb is a big improvement over the yellow tinge you get with the normal bulbs..

Mike
Old 07-19-2005, 05:45 PM   #12

Just got my bulbs from xclusivecar, and they look great..

Didn't know the headlight fixture came out so easilly kinda cool..

Thanks again
Mike
Old 07-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #13

output is less with blue "ricer" bulbs but having gone from Halogen H7 to Litronics ($1100 group buy from Brandwine) I have to say its not very much of a difference if you drive in Urban/suburban areas, maybe a bigger difference in you live out in the sticks..
Sure they look cool to others but Litronics hardly make the whole road light up.
If you can get rid of the yellow look with aftermarket bulbs and still get decent lighting I would defiinitely recommend going that route.
Save your $1200 for some nicer wheels or tires.
Litronics would have been in a bottom of the list upgrade for me.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #14

I've used Sylvania SilverStar for a few years now in my Vette and they're much whiter than the standard Halogen bulbs (I put one bulb in and compared). When you're on back roads there's a definite difference. Plus they're only $20/bulb so what do you have to loose? Not a ton of cash.
Rainforest01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #15

The bulbs I got are great, sorta an ice white.. Not trying to make them look like litronics, but they do look close to the casual eye. Just not worth it for me to spend 1200 bux on a set.

If they came with the car then, sweet but to swap out my perfectly fine lights for those just does not make sense to me The new bulbs make me more then happy..

Mike
Old 07-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
output is less with blue "ricer" bulbs but having gone from Halogen H7 to Litronics ($1100 group buy from Brandwine) I have to say its not very much of a difference if you drive in Urban/suburban areas, maybe a bigger difference in you live out in the sticks.. .
I can attest to that. In town there is not a big difference over regular halogens but on rural roads it is night and day over the lights on my daily driver. I feel like I can't see crap after I drive the boxster.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #17

Hey guys i saw that walmart sells the sylvania H7 silverstars for $37per pair. How many pair would i need. I assume i'll need 2, but would prefer to know before getting them. I dont wanna buy 2 and have to take one back, also would hate to buy 1pr. and have to break down such a task into to sessions. thanks for help.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #18

All you need is a pair. I have these in mine and it's a lot better than stock. But they're no Litronic. Any one have one for sale?
joeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #19

I've been thinking about some headlight mod as well on my 98 box. It seems like most people are suggesting the silverstars over the ebay eurodesigns. Is there a change in color with the silverstars like the ebay types? And, do you need to change the foglight as well to match if the colors are different? I prefer a white light. Thanks!
David
D.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:47 PM   #20

I installed the Sylvania Silverstars for both my low and my high beams today. It took all of 10 minutes (it takes longer to get the tool kit out than to remove and change the bulbs). The light is definitely whiter, and maybe just a bit brighter. As someone who has owned HID equipped cars for the last 5 years, I can say that these bulbs are better than regular halogen, but nowhere near what HID headlights can do. For $80 (4X$19.99), it isnt a bad investment.

9000RPMan is offline   Reply With Quote