Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #21

DL
I know there is a definite difference in the color of the light vs. the halogen. I don't know if they make a bulb for the fog lights, but you'll need four bulbs for the head lights and the high beams. For the $80 it costs, they're much better than stock. Maybe not as good as the Litronics, but much better than stock halogens.

Rainforest01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #22

Is xenon really giving you better lighting and visibility or is it just all for looks?
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #23

4 bulbs? I thought the hi and low beams were both inside 1 single bulb (dual filament)... I must be confused. So do I need 4 H7 bulbs then? Thanks again.
D.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:54 AM   #24

You need 4 H7 bulbs.. The high beam and low beam bulb are identical..

I just did the low beams in my car as I almost never use the highs. Now my old low beams are my spare high beam bulbs

Mike
99-Boxster-MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Is xenon really giving you better lighting and visibility or is it just all for looks?
The fact that it "looks" cooler is an added bonus. If the lights are projected properly, xenon is superior. And honestly, once you go xenon (on ANY car), you will never want to go back to halogen bulbs.

And if you like xenon up front, I also recommend LEDs in the back. I have the LED center brake light and it looks pretty sharp. I love the look of instant on/instant off action of LED. (I need to post pix of that, I haven't seen it on any of the cars on here.)
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
I love the look of instant on/instant off action of LED. (I need to post pix of that, I haven't seen it on any of the cars on here.)
I know, an old post, but thats whats so nice about keeping history!! Bruce (err Richard)

Can you do so soon I am about to go with a new rear center light on my Boxster and want input on all that have went before me (avoiding the sins of my fore fathers, so to speak).

2000 2.7 Lapis Blue Boxster, Sports Pkg, Lit, Tip, Exhaust, De amber'fied
1983 911 SC Coupe 3.0 Gaurds Red (restoration, in pieces)
199? 993 Coupe Gaurds Red (lurking for....)
rbennett is offline   Reply With Quote