Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #21

If your rears are flush with the top of your fenders now............dropping an inch will cause rubbing with the camber adjusted back out yes???? Perhaps the travel of the wheel will make things clear. I have 18" sport classics and 23mm spacers

jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade
Why not go for the oem RoW M030? It's matched to the car and you can buy the kit for under 1200. I am about ready to pull the trigger on one, but need to find someone to install that's not going to kick my a$$...

I suppose if you wanted to go all out, I'd go Bilstein PSS9/10, but I think after reading alot of posts on this site, it's overkill.
I am a landscaper and only marginally mechanically inclined , but I put on a M030 ROW kit on my 98 last year myself. Not really that much of a problem. If you search, there are write-ups on the procedure which are very good. By the way, I paid less than 1 grand last year fron Sunset. I don't know if it was a sale or normal pricing. Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay
If your rears are flush with the top of your fenders now............dropping an inch will cause rubbing with the camber adjusted back out yes???? Perhaps the travel of the wheel will make things clear. I have 18" sport classics and 23mm spacers
I was not sure if this was directed at me.

My rear tires are not flush they go under the fenders. The fenders edge is below the rear tire.
I am not sure of the offset but the rear tires are 265/40/17. The fender measures approx 25in from top of arch to ground both front and rear.
TechArt Strut Brace Front and Rear
Technobrace (Thanks Pedro)
Michelin PS2
G2 Red Caliper Paint
DamageINC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #24

I was talking about myself........I was asking as my rear edges are exactly flush now and was curious suspension travel on bump would allow the rears to clear with one inch drop......hard I know. I will try and post a picture. I think it would be very close

jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote