Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel
It appears by the end of next week I will be taking this route if all works out well. Wish me luck!
Disregard. GiroDisc only offers their rotors for the front and not the rear fitments. I decided not to continue forth in ordering the fronts as I thought it would ultimately look silly in utilizing rotors that in which do not match on all corners. Sorry for the delayed response, but I was notified at the end of May prior to departing to Mexico for a few weeks. Unfortunately, a set of Brembo Gran Turismo's fall out of my budget..

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel
Disregard. GiroDisc only offers their rotors for the front and not the rear fitments. I decided not to continue forth in ordering the fronts as I thought it would ultimately look silly in utilizing rotors that in which do not match on all corners. Sorry for the delayed response, but I was notified at the end of May prior to departing to Mexico for a few weeks. Unfortunately, a set of Brembo Gran Turismo's fall out of my budget..
Are you sure? It's listed on their online store and I've seen pictures of it mounted on Cayman S.

http://www.girodisc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_60_343&osCsid=5cc7bdc6ae8dd4902cb8a9738ed12731
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
Are you sure? It's listed on their online store and I've seen pictures of it mounted on Cayman S.

http://www.girodisc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_60_343&osCsid=5cc7bdc6ae8dd4902cb8a9738ed12731
Prior to departing I called my shop, Road Sport Supply, and Bryan notified me after having spoken with their engineers that their would be fitment issues with the rear rotors. I did not second guess him nor his team. I trust them a great deal and left it at that. Truthfully, I left my mobile on whilst in Mexico hoping that I would receive a call stating they had made a mistake and the rotors would fit my vehicle on call corners, but to no avail did I receive a phone call. My only hopes at this point are for a used set of Brembo's to surface.

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote