Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #61

There is not enough space to accommodate the LSx engines with the trans remaining in the stock position.

Sourcerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #62

It may not fit in the stock position, but two guys on this forum have already done it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #63
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
It is still moving forward Promise

The key is: we will not be Microsoft and release something that is buggy and needs patches updates every two weeks.

I sold those sites to focus on product development and racing.

For 26 years I have given away 99% of my Porsche knowledge and watched others capitalize on it with different parts/pieces. Not this time.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not rich. Funding these projects costs a lot of money and lot of time.

FYI:

The LS series engines fully dressed with oil in them weigh 40-50lbs LESS than the Boxster engine and carry most of the weight i the crank and rods (same place a 986 engine carries it)

The handling arguments are hilarious.. Install a V8 into a 930 turbo and watch the car sit 3/4 of an inch higher when you set it down. It didn't effect the handling of that car, and it will not adversely effect the handling of the Boxster.

B
This post is 11 months old, have there been any updates?
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #64

renegadehybrids.com

pioneers of LS engines in porsches... they just released a 996 conversion and now in the R/D near the end of the 986 LS Build... they're based in Las Vegas and I saw first hand of their prototype car... AMAZING! They 're using their heads in this one and lots of engineering behind the build since they will be mass producing the kit. I dont mean to highjack or hype them, but seriously all you need to do is to contact them and they'll tell you all about it.
vegas vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #65

Ls boxster running
LS7 V8 Boxster 1st Test Drive - YouTube
lsseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #66

Oh man! I want! I could take my Boxster to the track again with confidence that it wouldn't blow up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote