Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #1

Dyno

This afternoon I had the opportunity to dyno my vehicle with my new modifications (lwfw - ecu flash - udp) and although I am not big on numbers I am content with the results. This August I put my vehicle on the dyno without the above modifcations and I came up at 226 WHP and below are the results as of now with the modifications listed in my signature. As reference this was conducted on a Dyno Jet dynograph machine. Discuss.

The above lists my crank HP with a 15 % drivetrain loss at 287-290 crank HP based off the fours runs and 251-254 crank TQ. Granted the conditions and a number of variables will alter the above results on any given day, I understand that. My new goal is seeing how high of an output I can have being naturally aspirated with out any head work. Within the end of this up and coming months I have a few items I have in the works for my car which will put at where I am shooting for. Stay posted!

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.

Last edited by Cartel; 10-22-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #2

Garage
pretty sweet setup kinda leary about the lwfw but that is just me and what i have seen. looks like ur car is alot of fun tho!
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
pretty sweet setup kinda leary about the lwfw but that is just me and what i have seen. looks like ur car is alot of fun tho!
Yes, I too was on the fence as to whether or not I should pursue on with a LWFW or the stock unit considering the hazards that come with. As you can see I said the hell with it and I will either reap the benefits or reprocussions, if any.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #4

Got to love that torque curve, looks great. What does your butt dyno tell you about the mods?

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Got to love that torque curve, looks great. What does your butt dyno tell you about the mods?

Ed

The two major breakthrough's were the ECU Flash and LWFW. With the ECU alone I recieved an extremely consistent amount of power throughout the powerband and it feels as if its never ending. It pulls and pulls and pulls. The LWFW amplied the feeling tenfold. Especially 1-3 gearing, I will upload a video in the up and coming weeks. Mind you I am still getting used to the LWFW which was installed on Wednesday and the feel will only get better from hear on out. I am loving every bit of it with the slightest of regrets. It is my DD and I have no issues at all and the chatter is rather minimal compared to the likes of what I have read and heard. If you or anyone else has anymore questions than fire away.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #6

So, is the change from 226rwhp to ~246rwhp accounted for by the addition of the ECU flash, UDP, and LWFW?

If so, that's awesome! I don't think my softronic flash did much, if anything, so perhaps this FVD flash is much better... (Although to softronic's credit/defense, the difference also could be due to the fact that you have a 3.2 and the 7.8DME, and I have the 2.7 & 7.2DME)... I'm curious to the gains for 2.7L with the 7.2DME with the FVD Software...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudanova
So, is the change from 226rwhp to ~246rwhp accounted for by the addition of the ECU flash, UDP, and LWFW?

If so, that's awesome! I don't think my softronic flash did much, if anything, so perhaps this FVD flash is much better... (Although to softronic's credit/defense, the difference also could be due to the fact that you have a 3.2 and the 7.8DME, and I have the 2.7 & 7.2DME)... I'm curious to the gains for 2.7L with the 7.2DME with the FVD Software...
Yes the change from 226 to 246 was in result of the LWFW - ECU - UDP. I am extremely pleased. The flashed really glued it all together (headers - muffler - air intake) and made a significant difference. I would give FVD a call or shoot them an email in regards to their flash and the pontential gains you would recieve. In my experience they are grade "A" in my books. Either way, If you end up opting for FVD's software I would be interested in seeing the gains pre and post flash.