Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #21

Hypothetically, yes your dealer could flash your DME with RoW software. Will they? I am not sure, but inclined to think "no." The PST2 or PIWIS have all the various programs loaded to flash to the car, you will need a few codes for your car to do this (the dealer can get them). My guess is that, due to liability, most dealers will not do this for you. As with most things in life, it never hurts to ask, however.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
Hypothetically, yes your dealer could flash your DME with RoW software. Will they? I am not sure, but inclined to think "no." The PST2 or PIWIS have all the various programs loaded to flash to the car, you will need a few codes for your car to do this (the dealer can get them). My guess is that, due to liability, most dealers will not do this for you. As with most things in life, it never hurts to ask, however.
How did you get the ROW software downloaded?

Last edited by Adam; 01-28-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
How did you get the ROW software downloaded?
Yes, how did you get your's installed? I can tell you what the dealer will say....no and hell no...they don't want to assume any liability.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #24

Tholyoak. He has a PST2 so we flashed my car. There are some independent shops and some private owners who own PST2s, so that is likely your best bet in getting this done.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #25

I brought up this question of flashing with the ROW some time ago. You can purchase the programa and the cables to copy and flash the DME on ebay or the net. If you can find someone (with the same specs as your car) and nice enough to copy their DME for you and email it, you can just flash your car with the program.

JAmes
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
I brought up this question of flashing with the ROW some time ago. You can purchase the programa and the cables to copy and flash the DME on ebay or the net. If you can find someone (with the same specs as your car) and nice enough to copy their DME for you and email it, you can just flash your car with the program.

JAmes
I would be VERY careful trying this. If you corrupt things, I can only image the PITA to get them working again.