Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #21

Pedro over at ppbb is making remanufactured

& improved front motor mounts. Seehere

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I found this on the hardrace site, you may want to email them your concerns that you may have. http://hardrace.com/precise.asp#2

Che, Could you look into possibly creating an aftermarket front engine mount and possibly transmission mounts... cause they are pricey like a mofo and they all eventually wear out as have the mounts on my boxster currently.
Dude the OEM motor mounts aren't that much,like $180/parts. Isn't the one that goes bad fast located behind the driver seat? The tranny mounts should only be around $200-250/each.

Like Mr.Focke said,check out Pedro's stuff.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #23

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Yeah i looked at his, I think i was quoted much higher than 180 from pacific porsche, Ill probably order up one from Pedro. Thanks blink & mike

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomschoon
i was wondering if these parts were TUV approved or had some other certifications as they would be holding my car together? I looked at the Hardrace site and it isnt very clear to where the parts are made other then being based in Taiwan, just wondering about quality as the price is half of what the GT3 equivalents would cost.

Thanks for any input

Thom
I am not going to knock the quality of the parts, I am only going to comment on the TUV aspect.

TUV cert's, from what I have researched, are used for parts being exported to Germany with the intent of being used on public highways.

Considering the parts are from Taiwan (maybe even China) and all they really do is copy existig designs, I am sure there was no money invested into the certification (whether TUV or anything else). It's very difficult to find a Taiwan manufacturer that is willing to go the extra mile and get saftey cert's.

From experience, I have seen and used different links that were manufactured in Taiwan and for the most part they hold up very well on FLAT roads. They aren't going to break on bumpy roads, but they do undergo much more dynamic stresses. This is as opposed to linear stresses on a flat road coourse.

I've seen links break from driving over potholes...but this is a rare occurrence.

If the vehicle is going to be tracked then by all means. I would invest in a set of rods regardless of track duties or daily driving duties.

Just my thoughts.
Chris
chrisngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #25

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisngo
If the vehicle is going to be tracked then by all means. I would invest in a set of rods regardless of track duties or daily driving duties.

Just my thoughts.
Chris

Do you mean, u would invest in a set of TUV cert rods or che's rods?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #26

Che's rods.

Chris

chrisngo is offline   Reply With Quote