986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Che @ delubozparts Rear Track Arms GB $249.99 Shipped (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/11446-che-%40-delubozparts-rear-track-arms-gb-%24249-99-shipped.html)

delubozparts 05-29-2007 01:22 PM

delubozparts GB Front Tension Rod/Rear Track Arms/Toe Arms

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/9581-diy-replace-rear-upper-control-arms-track-arms-post101144.html#post101144

Hello 986forum members,

This is Che and I'm back with 3 new product for your Nice Boxsters, Please click at above link for the Installation details provided courtesy by CJ_Boxster AKA Carlos.

Now In-Stock and ready for Immediate shipping:

:D Front Tension Rods Special GB Price $219.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,for International is $259.99 Shipped.

This is Link for Front Tension Rods Pictures:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster-front_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelubozpartsQQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ24549228QQsofpZ0

:D Rear Track Arms Special GB Price is $229.99 Shipped within 48 States USA, for International is $269.99 Shipped.

:D Rear Toe Arms Special GB Price is $199.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,for International is $239.99 Shipped.

This is Link for Rear Track Arms and Rear Toe Arms Pictures:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster-rear_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelubozpartsQQfsooZ1 QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ24549228QQsofpZ0

:D For All 3 Sets Combo Special GB Price is $619.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,For International is $714.99

Please PM me for Questions and Order details, Thank you for your time !

Best Regards,

:cheers:

Che

2000SoCalBoxsterS 05-29-2007 07:03 PM

Very cool. Great post link. What are your track-arm or control arms made of? Lighter suspension components are ideal but strength has a lot going for it when you are not adding too much weight over stock.

delubozparts 05-30-2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Very cool. Great post link. What are your track-arm or control arms made of? Lighter suspension components are ideal but strength has a lot going for it when you are not adding too much weight over stock.

Hi 2000SoCalBoxster,

The Rear Track arms are made of T6061 Aluminum Rods, both arms weight 6.7 Lbs

Not sure how much is stock arms weight, I will try to find out from CJ_Boxster

Thank you !

Che

CJ_Boxster 05-30-2007 07:03 AM

Sorry I didnt weigh the old track arm. I just through them away.

2000SoCalBoxsterS 05-30-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Sorry I didnt weigh the old track arm. I just through them away.

Do you remember if there was a difference in weight that you could feel? Was it very noticable?

CJ_Boxster 05-30-2007 09:31 AM

Hmmm, if had to guess based on memory... i would say that Che's track arms are about 4lbs. heavier. Personally i would have been worried if they were equal or lighter being that they are aftermarket and have adjustable end peices which means the material of the bar need to be a stronger material than aluminum so the threads inside wont strip out during a track day or worse.... on the road.

delubozparts 10-03-2007 06:42 AM

New GB Update Pricing

Hello 986forum members,

This is Che and I'm back with 3 new product for your Nice Boxsters, Please click at above link for the Installation details provided courtesy by CJ_Boxster AKA Carlos.

Now In-Stock and ready for Immediate shipping:

:D Front Tension Rods Special GB Price $219.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,for International is $259.99 Shipped.

This is Link for Front Tension Rods Pictures:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster-front_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelubozpartsQQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ24549228QQsofpZ0

:D Rear Track Arms Special GB Price is $229.99 Shipped within 48 States USA, for International is $269.99 Shipped.

:D Rear Toe Arms Special GB Price is $199.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,for International is $239.99 Shipped.

This is Link for Rear Track Arms and Rear Toe Arms Pictures:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster-rear_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelubozpartsQQfsooZ1 QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ24549228QQsofpZ0

Please PM me for Questions and Order details, Thank you for your time !

Best Regards,

Che

matty-matt 10-03-2007 07:12 AM

pardon my density...what benefits are there to these parts? i understand the lighter weight and strength being advantages in certain situations but not the adjustability. in other words, what would i notice in driving?
thanks!

CJ_Boxster 10-03-2007 10:29 AM

Well for one thing, the price over stock is better. a set of Che's are cheaper than just 1 arm from the dealer, 2, if your caster needs adjustment for whatever reason, you can finally adjust it cause the boxster doesnt come with caster adjustment and this will give you that... I know there are afew boxsters out there have have bumped a curb or two pretty hard so the passenger front caster is probably negative and the front track arms will allow you to adjust it back forward.

Plus the factory part eventually wears out on the inside of the bearing cartridge and starts to chatter really loud over cracks and bumps in the road.

RandallNeighbour 10-03-2007 06:41 PM

Carlos, thanks for that explanation. You've described my boxster. I can't get it into perfect alignment up front. It's just a little negative according to the Hunter computerized alignment equipment.

I'm going to call my shop and ask them if these new front suspension parts will allow me to get my front tires in full alignment without another pull on the frame machine.

BTW, I didn't slam the car into a curb, but evidently, a previous owner spun out and hit the front right and rear left and got the car all bent out of shape.

thomschoon 10-06-2007 04:38 PM

i was wondering if these parts were TUV approved or had some other certifications as they would be holding my car together? I looked at the Hardrace site and it isnt very clear to where the parts are made other then being based in Taiwan, just wondering about quality as the price is half of what the GT3 equivalents would cost.

Thanks for any input

Thom

delubozparts 10-09-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomschoon
i was wondering if these parts were TUV approved or had some other certifications as they would be holding my car together? I looked at the Hardrace site and it isnt very clear to where the parts are made other then being based in Taiwan, just wondering about quality as the price is half of what the GT3 equivalents would cost.

Thanks for any input

Thom

Hi Thom,

About 80% of Aftermarket parts are not TUV or certifications, these aftermarket products are developed and tested on particular vehicle to making sure the parts functioned & withhold the Track and road conditions. As TUV certifications are mainly applied for wheels, as for as quaility concern there are some members already installed and saw the quality of these Rear Track arms, perhaps anyone could post and share more info's other than word of mine. Thank you !

Che

JP-s-in st. louis 10-09-2007 08:51 AM

I hate to ask but is there a chance of a group buy or a discount if you purchase all 3 maybe both? :cheers:

CJ_Boxster 10-09-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delubozparts
Hi Thom,

As for as quaility concern there are some members already installed and saw the quality of these Rear Track arms, perhaps anyone could post and share more info's other than word of mine. Thank you !

Che

I have the rear track arms and right out the box you can tell they are sturdy, I cant remember how far back i installed them but its been probably more than 6 months since i first installed them, they are still working flawlessly, taken the box to a track day at fontana speedway, get sideways on some left hand turns now and then and i have burned rubber and taken high speed corners with the control arms installed, They havent shown any signs of failure.

thomschoon 10-10-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Hi Thom,

As TUV certifications are mainly applied for wheels,

Che

Not quite true, if you want to make any changes on your car in Germany you need a TUV approval sticker on the part, the certify many things. The reason I was asking is that while many members may have seen the parts and I am sure they are happy, I am also an old guy who spends two weeks each month in Asia visiting factories so I am a cynic when it comes to quality claims.

delubozparts 10-11-2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomschoon
Not quite true, if you want to make any changes on your car in Germany you need a TUV approval sticker on the part, the certify many things. The reason I was asking is that while many members may have seen the parts and I am sure they are happy, I am also an old guy who spends two weeks each month in Asia visiting factories so I am a cynic when it comes to quality claims.

Hi Thom,

I pretty much do the same thing as you, I saw many factories/manufactures in Asia like you had mentioned some are ridiculous on their facility and Quality control, but if a particular facility are managed by a individual from here (USA) really makes a difference on products. As TUV certifications may applied to Germany as I'm not familar due to my business are conducted here in USA, I apologized if my claim are for the wheels only.

BTW This is Link from the manufacturer that produced these Suspension parts:

http://hardrace.com/quality.asp

Owner had lived & educated here in USA and had knowledge of Quality Control and what type of material requirment for suspension components, HardRace had manufactured many products for Japan and USA Markets with Excellent reputations.

Cheers !

delubozparts 10-11-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
I hate to ask but is there a chance of a group buy or a discount if you purchase all 3 maybe both? :cheers:

Hi JP-s-in st.louis,

:D For All 3 Sets Combo Special GB Price is $619.99 Shipped within 48 States USA,For International is $714.99

Thank you !

Che

blue2000s 10-11-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Hi Thom,

I pretty much do the same thing as you, I saw many factories/manufactures in Asia like you had mentioned some are ridiculous on their facility and Quality control, but if a particular facility are managed by a individual from here (USA) really makes a difference on products. As TUV certifications may applied to Germany as I'm not familar due to my business are conducted here in USA, I apologized if my claim are for the wheels only.

Cheers !

Thom makes an excellent point about Chinese suppliers. One of the main issue that I've dealt with from Chinese suppliers is product consistency. Part to part variation can be ridiculously high.

However, as Che points out, there are some excellent manufacturers in China as well. But if you don't go there to inspect the facilities and ensure that they have all the appropriate tooling for manufacturing and quality control, chances are you're not going to end up with a quality product. Hopefully, Che's manufacturer has a continuous dimensional quality inspection process with some random destructive testing. There's a concern with raw material quality as received by the manufacturer as well, which leads to the need for rigorous incoming inspection measures.

A couple of members on this board reporting on how well the parts work shouldn't be enough proof for anyone who's really concerned about the quality of these parts.

JP-s-in st. louis 10-11-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Hi JP-s-in st.louis,

Thank you !

Che

OK I will bite..I will order next week when I can install them. My guy that does the alignment and corner ballance is at daytona testing now and will not be back till after the 24hr race. thannks

CJ_Boxster 10-11-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2000s
Thom makes an excellent point about Chinese suppliers. One of the main issue that I've dealt with from Chinese suppliers is product consistency. Part to part variation can be ridiculously high.

However, as Che points out, there are some excellent manufacturers in China as well. But if you don't go there to inspect the facilities and ensure that they have all the appropriate tooling for manufacturing and quality control, chances are you're not going to end up with a quality product. Hopefully, Che's manufacturer has a continuous dimensional quality inspection process with some random destructive testing. There's a concern with raw material quality as received by the manufacturer as well, which leads to the need for rigorous incoming inspection measures.

A couple of members on this board reporting on how well the parts work shouldn't be enough proof for anyone who's really concerned about the quality of these parts.

I found this on the hardrace site, you may want to email them your concerns that you may have. http://hardrace.com/precise.asp#2

Che, Could you look into possibly creating an aftermarket front engine mount and possibly transmission mounts... cause they are pricey like a mofo and they all eventually wear out as have the mounts on my boxster currently.