Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's my car?
Hey! guys, im thinking about getting a custom exhaust made for my 2000 boxster, what do you guys think about this idea? thanks
Do you have any idea what your going to gear it towards? Your being way too vague for us to give you an idea.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 AM   #22

There are so many out there available with different price points, looks, finishes, etc. I don't know why you'd want to make your own unless you just like doing that and can save a few bucks.

Jeff
jwilson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #23

Is it just me or does the fabspeed demo suck? I'm talking about the first video with the exhaust on the car revving and driving by. It sounds almost stock quiet and it seems to be making a funky sound when they are revving it at the beginning. I would not plop down almost 4k from what I've heard in that vid. Hopefully it sounds much better in person? Anybody actually own this particular system on here?
http://www.fabspeed.com/Boxster.html

I would buy the fabspeed in a second if it sounded like this boxster.
http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/video.php?video=bx060113tuka02.mpg&desc=F-1%20Mode%20Highway%20Pass%20By

Last edited by Adam; 05-21-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #24

As far as the custom exhaust goes, I think you're opening up a pandora's box of engineeering problems/ frustration. What do you hope to gain that a 1st rate exhaust manufacturer has not? There are so many options of ready made exhausts, I cannot see why you'd want to take the project on. At the end of the day, I highly suspect you'll be over the cost of a new exhaust by the time you figure out how to make yours do what you want it to.

As for the FabSpeed, the rear muffler is actually made by Dansk... can be had from Dansk directly for much less $

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote