Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #81

OK, I have now run a full tank of fuel through the car, and things are now fixed. Yay!

Turns out (well, best educated guess as you can't confirm) is that my previous cluster was from a C4 Cabrio. This completely explains my "optimistic" fuel gauge readings.

To fix this, and/or to code your 996 cluster to recognize the top in motion light:

Using the PST2, log into the car. You will need DME and Immobilizer codes to do this. You must tell the car it is a 996, as otherwise it will not recognize the cluster. Then, code the cluster to be a 996 C2 Cab. You must then tell the car that it is a 986 again, and load the appropriate map into the DME.

Tholyoak can probably elaborate more on this than I can as he is the PST2 master. Thanks for the help!

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #82

Excellent news! Congrats!
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
OK, I have now run a full tank of fuel through the car, and things are now fixed. Yay!

Turns out (well, best educated guess as you can't confirm) is that my previous cluster was from a C4 Cabrio. This completely explains my "optimistic" fuel gauge readings.

To fix this, and/or to code your 996 cluster to recognize the top in motion light:

Using the PST2, log into the car. You will need DME and Immobilizer codes to do this. You must tell the car it is a 996, as otherwise it will not recognize the cluster. Then, code the cluster to be a 996 C2 Cab. You must then tell the car that it is a 986 again, and load the appropriate map into the DME.

Tholyoak can probably elaborate more on this than I can as he is the PST2 master. Thanks for the help!

Patrick
Thanks, I will do this later this week or next.

01 Speed Yellow Boxster S
- Tip
- PSE
- C4S Cluster with new style OBC
- 18" with 7mm rear spacers
- Litronics
- Fully de-ambered
- LED taillights
- Aluminium Pedals
- Integrated Garage Door Opener
- 986 emblem
- Yellow brake calipers with Brembo stickers