Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #21
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Has anyone just removed the cup at the end of the snorkel itself? I would think that the venturi effect due to the trumpeted snork end would help with airflow, but that the cup kind of hinders it.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
I already did that mod, I dont have a dyno, but the sound is alittle better than with snorkel and not as loud with the snorkel but your low end acceleration is alittle better than without the snorkel and not as good as with the snorkel in.

Modding the Snorkel rather than removing it...
look below for images of how i made the cuts.
Huh? You have to reword that better I think you have a double negative in there.

"Your low end acceleration is a little better than without the snorkel" = Your low end acceleration is better with the snorkel in.

"And not as good as with the snorkel in" = Your low end acceleration is better with the snorkel in.

I can't see how having the snorkel in or out would make any difference until you are moving a speed. So I would think that from zero to sixty you won't notice a difference, but from 50 or 60 MPH the air is flowing better through the wider openning. Right?????
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Has anyone just removed the cup at the end of the snorkel itself? I would think that the venturi effect due to the trumpeted snork end would help with airflow, but that the cup kind of hinders it.
I was thinking the same thing. What is that cup thing for? It looks like it would be good at catching water.

2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote