Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2020, 06:02 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
OK. Game on.

I'm going to mount on my truck's rear window a family sporting chainsaws. Yup. I'll find them. eBay. Amazon. Etsy. Thanks for the great idea!

Now... if I were in China they'd be a family sporting knives... or machetes cause, you know... gun control. However, I believe a machete doesn't make the same sound as a shotgun shell being chambered.

Please post pics when you do!!

And I'm glad you brought up China, because like China likes to suppress information, the NRA is constantly in the courts and lobbying congress to suppress gun statistics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/12/health/gun-violence-research-cdc.html

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/how-nra-suppressed-gun-violence-research

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03882-w

Last edited by piper6909; 02-27-2020 at 06:14 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #122

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
We have difference in opinions on this and we can leave it at that. You'll never convince me otherwise and I'll never convince you. I do, however, believe we both have the right to express our opinions.
On this we can agree - in fact if we were able to have a discussion over a cup of coffee I believe we would probably have more in common than not.

Here is a quote from Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank of England, addressing the United States Bankers’ Association in 1924. Think of the idea conveyed in this quote with relation to where we are as a society in America today.

“These truths are well known among our principal men, who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance. It is thus by discreet action, we can secure ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished.”
2004 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition, #1541,Tip, TechnoFix DOF IMSB upgrade
SC-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:22 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-986 View Post
On this we can agree - in fact if we were able to have a discussion over a cup of coffee I believe we would probably have more in common than not.
Without a doubt. And if you're ever in the Pittsburgh area, coffee is on me!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #124
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
HAHA!

Look back at all my posts, and you'll find nothing has changed. I've always been on the side of people being able to express their opinions, unless they personally attack others.

why can't I just post the emoji? Why I gotta ramble-on? ('cuz the forum requires a certain number of characters, that's why. They're FORCING me to be long-winded)

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote