Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2016, 03:50 AM   #21

I did work for Trump as a contractor at Bonwit Teller store that use to share a common rooftop with Trump Plaza in the back. It took 4 month to get paid, so much for prompt payment. Reluctantly I did vote for him because I could not take the garbage that Hillary was telling the people. Coming from Cuba I know government corruption and Hillary and Bill can open up a Clinton University with all the techniques of robbing the government. Out of her own lips the Clinton's were broke when they came out of the WH. With perseverance and under the Clinton investment program they have amassed over $100 million a tidy sum for civil servants. Is that a nice return plan and with no risks all paid by the schmucks that bought into the Foundation which pays out 6% of the money it takes in with the rest affording the Clintons a life of luxury deservedly for royalty. Hillary parlayed her job into play for pay scheme that I am just shocked that no one has put their asses in jail. The mafia should learn this business plan and they will forego violence and utilize giving speeches at over 300K with out shooting anyone. Second reason I did not vote for her is that she did not pay any interest to the middle class in this country which mainly is white but every chance she had she spent it on bowing down to Black LIves Matter, Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. All racist opportunist and most of all shakedown artist.

Last edited by Pilot2519j; 11-30-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #22
On the slippery slope

Garage
Mods PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #23

Mods please close this thread!!!

I've come to love this forum. Initially as a lurker, and now as a new member. I can't count how many forums have been torn apart because people interject politics in side forums. Members who were best of buds and shared all the time, all of a sudden start bashing one another, their posts, their upgrades, etc. Let's just keep it about the cars we love and the people we love for loving those cars.
Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2519j View Post
I did work for Trump as a contractor at Bonwit Teller store that use to share a common rooftop with Trump Plaza in the back. It took 4 month to get paid, so much for prompt payment. Reluctantly I did vote for him because I could not take the garbage that Hillary was telling the people. Coming from Cuba I know government corruption and Hillary and Bill can open up a Clinton University with all the techniques of robbing the government. Out of her own lips the Clinton's were broke when they came out of the WH. With perseverance and under the Clinton investment program they have amassed over $100 million a tidy sum for civil servants. Is that a nice return plan and with no risks all paid by the schmucks that bought into the Foundation which pays out 6% of the money it takes in with the rest affording the Clintons a life of luxury deservedly for royalty. Hillary parlayed her job into play for pay scheme that I am just shocked that no one has put their asses in jail. The mafia should learn this business plan and they will forego violence and utilize giving speeches at over 300K with out shooting anyone. Second reason I did not vote for her is that she did not pay any interest to the middle class in this country which mainly is white but every chance she had she spent it on bowing down to Black LIves Matter, Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. All racist opportunist and most of all shakedown artist.
Dude, take YOUR opinions to another forum. If you can't follow the thread, where we CLEARLY say we avoid politics...then you need some new glasses maybe?
Old 11-30-2016, 06:10 PM   #25
On the slippery slope

Garage
Please close this thread!!!!
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2519j View Post
I worked for a firm that did business with Trump regularly circa early 2000's, not my department but I had regular contact with the people who dealt with him.
I won't get political here, I'm a well known antagonist of the hard right, but I'll just say that Trump is not a guy you ever want to do business for and not many U.S. banks will ever lend his business any big money because he's burned so many bridges. And he would use any excuse to risk the relationship just to make a few extra bucks. Also, The running joke was that in those days at least, perhaps he's changed, was that he was ADD and would read absolutely nothing important. People who were on conference calls with him would tell me everyone on the call knew Trump was not listening whatsoever and on a few occassions women could be heard in the background laughing. Another thing he was known for was agreeing to things before all the facts were in which would create endless work for his people because he didn't like backing out of deals even when it became clear it was going to be a big waste of his people's time. I remember thinking in those days he's probably going to call it a day soon and is just delegating everything to his small team and family. Oddly his two siblings, the sister who sits on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals (appointed by that cheatin' dog Bill Clinton) and his brother are nothing like him.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Not many republicans would identify him as their candidate. He won primaries and the general due to votes from blue union workers.

Things will turn out fine though, checks and balances, we've had plenty of bad presidents before and we will have plenty of bad ones in the future.
which is what always perplexes by people who think electing a President will lead to some some tectonic shift in the business world. For instance Trump paid for a large part of his campaign and people said that was a reason for voting for him, among others. The problem with that mentality is that the Executive is but one of 436 elected officials who decide what becomes law. The Executive no matter how wealthy isn't going to single-handedly pay for the re-election costs of his party's elected representatives every two years. And without those puppets of the special interests the Executive can't pass a thing. Even if Trump paid for his campaign without matching funds his party will continue to need every dime of special interest money.

For a single party to have control for more than two years is rare, more than four years even more peculiar. Sooner or later if we are ever to have effective governance the President is going to have to compromise with the opposition. Thus we should elect leaders that are not polarizing to the other half of the country. But gerrymandering of the districts and this electoral college system guarantees that we continue to elect hyper partisans. Ironically its that gerrymandering of the house districts that has made it now virtually impossible for the Republicans to pass a new healthcare bill, the Republicans in ultra red districts will not ever agree to go along with the rest of the party on any measure that takes one dime from senior citizen voters healthcare in favor of the middle aged and younger voter's heatlhcare spending. And the electoral college before long will become the most loathed institution by Republicans once just enough of the 12 largest states become reliably liberal as they control 270 no matter how high voter turn out is in the largely conservative remaining 38 states. A big problem once you realize that Republicans have not won a majority of all votes cast for President since 1988, those votes are largely coming from the 12 largest states while population gains have stalled in the remaining 38... meaning they'll have a yet smaller share of electors no matter how the state decides to apportion them (winner take all or by district).

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-30-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote