Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #1

Boxster in Tucson. List member death

Eric Lamberts here, brother of Brian in Tuscon. He passed a couple of weeks ago after our mother came home from a rehab unit with covid. He had a love hate relationship with his Boxster, and spent a ton of money on it. Was trouble shooting a not start problem when he passed..Apparently a fuel supply problem--has new plumbing, new fuel pump and fresh gas.

A lovely car, fresh paint, new top and tires, cover. rebuilt engine, tons of new parts

I am also a pretty good wrench, and spent a ton of time and money redoing a '67 912.

I have paid my Porsche dues and have tons of other things to fix. I will be putting it up for sale in a bit. Any one interested? If interested search for posts from Brian in Tucson. Lots and lots of work done.

Eric Lamberts
Reno NV elamberts@med.unr.edu

Eric Lamberts tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lamberts tucson View Post
Eric Lamberts here, brother of Brian in Tuscon. He passed a couple of weeks ago after our mother came home from a rehab unit with covid. He had a love hate relationship with his Boxster, and spent a ton of money on it. Was trouble shooting a not start problem when he passed..Apparently a fuel supply problem--has new plumbing, new fuel pump and fresh gas.

A lovely car, fresh paint, new top and tires, cover. rebuilt engine, tons of new parts

I am also a pretty good wrench, and spent a ton of time and money redoing a '67 912.

I have paid my Porsche dues and have tons of other things to fix. I will be putting it up for sale in a bit. Any one interested? If interested search for posts from Brian in Tucson. Lots and lots of work done.

Eric Lamberts
Reno NV elamberts@med.unr.edu
I am so, so sorry to hear of his passing. "Brian in Tucson" was a welcome voice in any conversation we had on this list.

I'm also selling a Boxster right now, so I'm not much help to you, other than to give your thread a little ::bump::
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #3

Hey Eric, I'm so sorry to hear about Brian in Tuscon. As Maytag said, he was a welcome voice. His voice will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to you and all the family members he leaves behind.

EDIT: Last night I remembered how he mentioned in a thread that he was going to hang low because of certain health conditions. How sad that things turned out this way. RIP Brian. You are missed.

Last edited by piper6909; 05-14-2020 at 04:44 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #4
Racer Boy

Wow, that is such sad news! My sympathies to you and your family. Brian will be missed!
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Thanks for posting. That is indeed sad news, but knowing of the loss rather than having him simply vanish from new posts is appreciated. He will be missed here on the forum. Hopefully I have many years to wait until we meet and he can get me the beer he owes me.
I'll pass the info on the car along to some people who may be interested.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Eric, my deepest sympathies. I know words can't begin to express your loss but you should know that Brian had friends here and he will be missed.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

Very sorry for your loss.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #8
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

My condolences, Sir.

RIP Brian.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #9

Garage
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I also hope your mother recovers swiftly.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #10

Very sorry to hear of his passing. He was a valued forum member and will be missed here for his contributions. But our loss on the forum is trivial compared to what his family and close associates IRL must be feeling, and my heart goes out to those of you in this category.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:45 PM   #11
Damn Yankee

Garage
My sincerest condolences on your loss.

I enjoyed reading about Brian's struggles with his Boxster; he always maintained a positive attitude about it.

He even offered to check out a Boxster I was considering buying in the Tucson region. The deal never came to pass, but I'm sure he would've enjoyed checking it out for me.

RIP Brian.

TO

TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote