Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Announcements > New Member Introductions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 12
Bell Alarm sounds at 3500 rpm on 2nd gear

The bell alarm that you hear when a door is opened rings when I reached 3500 rpms on 2nd gear only. One short ring. That is it. Any ideas? Thank you.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The bell alarm that you hear when a door is opened rings when I reached 3500 rpms on 2nd gear only. One short ring. That is it. Any ideas? Thank you.
My idea would be to recommend you post your inquiry in the general discussions or technical area of the forum. This is the new member introductions. Did you read the manual?
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:15 AM   #3
Registered User
 
steved0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 3,803
Probably the speed alarm setting of the on board computer:

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners - Search Results
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:13 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Probably the speed alarm setting of the on board computer:

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners - Search Results
Most likely. I think I accidentally set it. Thank you.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
My idea would be to recommend you post your inquiry in the general discussions or technical area of the forum. This is the new member introductions. Did you read the manual?
Thank you. Will do...about the manual...mmm...lol
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #6
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Thank you. Will do...about the manual...mmm...lol
Lol. The repair manual.

Cheers!
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page