Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #1

2004 Boxster new owner

Hello! Today (November 25th 2016) Bought an immaculate red boxster and enjoyed the drive home. I have a packet of previous services and it came with all the manuals from when new, very well taken care of. Only downside was the clutch is slipping a little but due to that fact the selling price went down even more. There is a reputable service shop in Daytona I plan to take it to and have the clutch and IMS changed as well as add the DOF system which is all in stock there also so no wait time. I bought the car for only $5,000 and will be putting almost $4,000 to do the clutch and other things but after the 80 mile trip home and no other problems, everything works, think it will be worth it still. Already serviced was the replacement coolant tank and a few other potentials before the previous owner decided to sell due to moving out of country, going back home. I currently live in Port Orange, Florida and hope to find a local club here close to join. Was looking online for a hardtop and saw a nice one that is a fastback style and wonder if anyone else has that top or has seen it to know if it is a good one. The previous owners driveway was clean, old dirty but clean from any fluid satins and crawling under showed no signs of leaks either. I will post pics tomorrow. I have driven a few 914 back a few years and this brings back those memories.

RE2Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
2004 Boxster new owner

Congrats and welcome! You will find support and answers to many of your questions here. Join your local PCA region. Have the mechanic do a thorough going over. Might I suggest you also have them flush the brake fluid (if you don't have records on this) as it is important to do every two years to remove any water in the system. Oh, and post a few pics. We like pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Yes, welcome aboard. You are going to love that car, especially in Florida where you can drive all year.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Garage
pictures please
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

Congratulations!
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #6

Here are a few pictures taken earlier today. Taking it in Monday or Tuesday to get the clutch and IMS bearing replaced. Was told by the tech the DOF is really not necessary if I will drive it daily and to save the money but changing the IMS bearing always is a good precaution. Reputable tech from the former Kennedys shop here. Originally serviced its whole life at Brumos in Jacksonville, FL

RE2Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

Garage
Very nice congratulation.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #8

Wow seems like a deal to me. Gorgeous car. Congrats
xzyfsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #9

Garage
Beautiful car! I have had my '04 Boxster for nearly two years now and I love it!
Torchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #10
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchess View Post
Beautiful car! I have had my '04 Boxster for nearly two years now and I love it!
Congrats on your first post and your car - now let's see it!
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
Administrator

Welcome to 986 Forum! Congratulations, looks to be in very good shape. Don't forget to check out our awesome 986 tech article library (posted below) for any help you may need. I am here if you ever have any parts or forum questions. Enjoy your stay.

Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts

Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote