Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #1

Talking Boxster Newb!

Hi guys!
My name is Brent and I bought a silver 98 Boxster about a month and a half ago. Just saw this forum a few weeks ago, so I decided to join up!
I have been lurking for the most part and this is my first post. I'm definitely not new to forums, I was the administrator of www.chevroletforum.com before I sold my Blazer. I still own a 1981 Chevrolet Z28 in addition to my Boxster.

I'll post pictures later on, I don't have any on my computer at the moment. I have done a couple of mods already, including a belts stripe and the white LED gauge/climate control conversion from www.porscheleds.com.
I also made a rear speaker panel out of wood.

EvansBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #2

Welcome Evan, I hope you are enjoying your boxster. Hope to see pictures soon, especially of the interior LEDs. I have a question, how hard was it to install the super white LEDs?
Rui725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #3

Thanks. I'm enjoying my Boxster immensely!

The LEDs weren't too hard to install. You just have to have a steady hand. The gauge kit was just a matter of pulling the gauge pod and changing bulbs, with no soldering required. The HVAC panel was a time-consuming task, but its not impossible.

I'll be posting the pictures this afternoon if I get a chance.

My name is Brent Evans, BTW. Not Evan. haha
Old 05-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Certified Boxster Addict

Looks a lot like my '99! Awesome.

By the way, if you insert the URL as a photo instead of a hyperlink, the pics will be pasted into your post saving readers some effort.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #6
suvra.saha79

Ow, that's really a great news (pasting photo system) for every readers of the forum. I have seen the pictures given by Blue. These are really awesome!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #7

Talking

Thanks for the tips on posting pictures! I have actually done several mods to my Boxster since I posted this thread. I now have a Pioneer DVD/Nav system, a sweet new pair of red-lense LED taillights. I also bought some black diamond-plate aluminum floor covers.