Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #241

Gorgeous, can't wait to get them on my car. Thanks for the pictures Fred!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #242

Garage
Gorgeous, Fred. Your work is stunning; we're all very lucky to have you as a fellow forum member. Thanks so much!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #243

Nice one Kevin, much appreciated and welcome btw

Planing on my next 'part-time' DIY [From CAD to Finish loll). Got 2 more to come for 2017... just don't know which one to jump-start first
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #244

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Planing on my next 'part-time' DIY [From CAD to Finish loll). Got 2 more to come for 2017... just don't know which one to jump-start first
Can't wait!!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #245

Garage
Watch all of your amazing projects closely Fred and can't wait to see what you come up with next! :dance: Your attention to detail is first class, Thanks for making these unique creations available to us

The local PCA guys love my 'Skybreaker'

Last edited by ccjazz; 05-23-2017 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Sp.
ccjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #246

Quote:
Two more? I can't afford this!!!
I already decided against the headlights, since my car has Litronics.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:40 AM   #247

Quote:
Oh all gone those little caps! you should get those in a few days. Dropped them all at the post office last Sat morning and they are sending them in batch of 3x per day as per 'non-commercial' rules (I do not have a registered company, and even if I had... they are ALL marked as "GIFT"). Same price for me, you get to avoid pay import tax on them that way

Updating the system and emailing you guys s I get the tracking numbers daily from my little postman(women)

ps: it was bloody hard letting those jewels go, me think you guys will freak out when you receive them. Really happy with the results.. you'll soon see what I mean
Are these still trickling out? I have not received an email notification yet so just wondering.

Has anyone that got an email received them yet and installed them? Would be cool to see pics here.

Thanks
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #248

ALL gone!

You should have received your tracking number by email today... as I've finally took the time to update the system with all the remaining tracking numbers :/

(all gone; saddest story of 2017. When you'll see these beauties you'll understand exactly what I mean by that)
Old 05-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #249

Quote:
ALL gone!

You should have received your tracking number by email today... as I've finally took the time to update the system with all the remaining tracking numbers :/

(all gone; saddest story of 2017. When you'll see these beauties you'll understand exactly what I mean by that)
Just got my email thanks - can't wait to see them.
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:16 AM   #250

Look at what just arrived into the UK. Fabtabulous. Thanks Fred.
Quick question, what stops them being stolen? Thought there might be a small locking screw on the inside or something?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:04 AM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
Quick question, what stops them being stolen? Thought there might be a small locking screw on the inside or something?
Don't worry! They're supposed to be very, very difficult to remove.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:21 AM   #252

Mine are currently in Malmö. What are they doing? I'm in Stockholm, which is almost 400 miles away...
Old 05-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
Look at what just arrived into the UK. Fabtabulous. Thanks Fred.
Unbelievable. Can't believe you received them so quick?!?!?

Nobody will nick your caps?! Ppl are not that mean bud. You'll see when you'll clamp them in, there are not much room for prying them out and even if they were any room to pry, I don't think its going to be an easy job. There is something like 7,600psi of pressure on them when locked in place.

That thief will need some pretty rigid finger nails if he manage to get 1 (one) out LOL
Old 05-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridsten View Post
Mine are currently in Malmö. What are they doing? I'm in Stockholm, which is almost 400 miles away...
Malmö?! Is this a place, or a country? In all seriousness, I've seen this many times, especially in Europe where they often share cargo planes. You seeing them 400 miles away only means that they have transit there. They should be en-route to you as soon as they board the Stockholm port plane/truck.

However, if you see them in Maimo, with a "awaiting for custom" tag, then, I don't know man. 400 miles looks like a cool ride for a roadster
Old 05-30-2017, 10:04 AM   #255

INSof Acetal.TALLATION MANUAL

^ How do edit the title? Pressed shift+enter and it posted like this :/

Installation Tips & tricks:

1) Place them in the refrigerator @ 2~3degree Celsius for an hour before installing them. The pressure is quite less when cold'er. Judging from the CAE simulation RE thermal expansion. Just makes it a tad easier to press-in.

2) Hook up the 2 bottom tabs and slightly press downward while clamping them at the same time. If you try to align all the tabs flush and push-in straight, as you'd normally do with a traditional cap, you are going to sweat your arm I promise.

3) Clean with normal carwash soap, rinse with tap water. No additional maintenance required.

NOT TO DO

1) Can't use aluminum polisher on anodized aluminum. They shine now; meaning they will for the next 20+ years.

2) The crest/badge have been clear coated to protect it from the elements, avoid heavy solvents on that part.

3) Can't use acidic-based Wheel Cleaner anymore (e.g. those magic commercial heavy duty wheel cleaner). That will strip your anodized color, dry your brake holes, and damage brake pad material, etc etc etc

Last edited by Nine8Six; 05-30-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #256

Quote:
Malmö?! Is this a place, or a country? In all seriousness, I've seen this many times, especially in Europe where they often share cargo planes. You seeing them 400 miles away only means that they have transit there. They should be en-route to you as soon as they board the Stockholm port plane/truck.

However, if you see them in Maimo, with a "awaiting for custom" tag, then, I don't know man. 400 miles looks like a cool ride for a roadster
Yeah, it's a city in the very south of Sweden, with Copenhagen just a bridge away. The Swedish post has a transit point there, so no worries...

I was actually almost all the way down there this weekend because of the annual meetup (or festival) for Porsche Club Sweden. Good times were had.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #257

Did you seriously posted a CGT pic? Just as I was forgetting my 2~3 weeks ago's adventure... when the only guy in SH who has one was fun-rev'ing it at the circuit. I still have chills down my neck just thinking about it lollll

Other than that cgt pic, the rest looks fab!! So lucky, in fact we are ALL very lucky.

Cool lifestyle man
Old 05-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #258

Garage
Got my confirmation email that it shipped yesterday as well!
But the tracking says status not available, probably just isn't available "YET".
Thanks again Fred!
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #259

What beautiful pieces.....
Did I miss out?
Are these still available?
Thanks

Quote:
ALL gone!

sksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:46 AM   #260

So, here they are fitted. What's the verdict?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote