Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2016, 02:58 AM   #1

HELP! 986 battery is dead,Canīt open Trunk!

Good morning to everyone : ( Sorry about my english!)

I have reviewed many post on this issue. I explain:

I have a US Porsche Boxster S 986 (2002),after 10-14 days of no driving has run out of battery.

I open the door with manual key, i bought a charger / external battery :connect POSITIVE (+) clamp to the Red fuse with the front luggage compartment logo it,s next to the pedals and the negative pole to the door latch,
then he starts buzzing the alarm/horn but the release button doesnīt open the trunk or get the key to stop the alarm contact and / or locking and unlocking the door with the key several times.

I have also tried Lighter battery charger (during 24 h) 12 V, to get enough energy to open the trunk or to detect the key to stop the alarm.

Anyone know what else I can do ???

I tried searching the EMERGENCY RELEASE WIRE its supposed to be in the right wheel under the plastic??
Could someone explain step by step how to find it?? its NECESSARY TO REMOVE THE WHEEL? I HAVE THE TOOLS IN THE TRUNK ...

I did not call the on the road assistance service ( 24h), because I had a bad experience because they are not very used to handling these cars ...

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

JTPORSCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Project Addicted

Here are some posts that have info.

Dead battery hood Trunk release My advise! Be Prepared. - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Worst Case Scenario Technical Article by Pedro
1986 944, 2000 Boxster
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #3

Your owners manual shows how to connect another battery to open the trunk.
Connect to fuse panel.

You cannot recharge that way, though.
Tcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #4

Hello JT. Hmm, I had an issue like this. To my me recollection the cable that you can pull to release is behind the front left tire. its in the wheel well facing you above the center of the wheel and somewhat behind the wheel. look for a flat flap of black plastic and peel is up and you'll see a cable that looks like a black bicyle cable. Pull that out like 4 inches until you hear the pop. Then your in. I think this opens the front truck. I realize this post my be after the fact since it has been a couple weeks. I now keep my Boxster charged with a $99 Battery Tender year round. Hope this helps.

Elstevano
Old 01-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #5

Garage
The fuse box way, this didn't work for me. I had a porsche dealership mechanic to show up and he did it in 5 seconds. He just played with it, and I do mean he played with it. Grounded the ground, held the switch up and tapped the positive to the post in the fuse box a couple times. Direct connection didn't work for me

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Tags
battery , boxster , release , trunk , wire