View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:58 AM   #1
JTPORSCHE

HELP! 986 battery is dead,Canīt open Trunk!

Good morning to everyone : ( Sorry about my english!)

I have reviewed many post on this issue. I explain:

I have a US Porsche Boxster S 986 (2002),after 10-14 days of no driving has run out of battery.

I open the door with manual key, i bought a charger / external battery :connect POSITIVE (+) clamp to the Red fuse with the front luggage compartment logo it,s next to the pedals and the negative pole to the door latch,
then he starts buzzing the alarm/horn but the release button doesnīt open the trunk or get the key to stop the alarm contact and / or locking and unlocking the door with the key several times.

I have also tried Lighter battery charger (during 24 h) 12 V, to get enough energy to open the trunk or to detect the key to stop the alarm.

Anyone know what else I can do ???

I tried searching the EMERGENCY RELEASE WIRE its supposed to be in the right wheel under the plastic??
Could someone explain step by step how to find it?? its NECESSARY TO REMOVE THE WHEEL? I HAVE THE TOOLS IN THE TRUNK ...

I did not call the on the road assistance service ( 24h), because I had a bad experience because they are not very used to handling these cars ...

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.
JTPORSCHE is offline   Reply With Quote