Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #41

@McHeinzky - depends, it'll may just pull off or may have retaining screws. The shift boot can be just prised up, then you can raise the boot up and check if there's any screws hidden under there holding the knob to the lever.

oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #42

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
Picks of the led unit on now as I might b interested?

I can send a pic tonight but I just did a quick google search and this is the same knob: JDM Stick Shift Knob Blue LED Top-Glow Series Aluminum Silver Manual - ICBEAMER

Like I said, kind of cheap looking for a Boxster. Probably would have looked nice on my old Jeep though.
McHeinzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool73 View Post
@McHeinzky - depends, it'll may just pull off or may have retaining screws. The shift boot can be just prised up, then you can raise the boot up and check if there's any screws hidden under there holding the knob to the lever.

There were some pesky little screws that I had never noticed before. Came off pretty easily once I found those. The original Porsche shifter looks pretty good in it's place but I still may end up doing an upgrade later on down the line.
McHeinzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #44
Pathological Tinkerer

Pic from my shifter at night. The shifter is blue but is washed out in this pic. Still working on my led switch changeout. Only half done.

Pic during day.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 09-18-2017 at 08:28 AM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote