Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Are you a robot?
Just for March loll

Good news is the wife is away and that for the next two weeks!!! Somehow this gives me a little more time to do what I need to do e.g. I don't need to clean the dishes every evening LOLLL

Oh, and I had that for dinner yesterday. BLISSSSS. You guys see this as junk food but here, for me anyway, it is a delicacy ("import"). Hope she doesn't follow that thread she'd kill me lolll

Old 03-18-2015, 01:03 AM   #902

Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #903

God I miss my stupid car.

Anyways, here are some nice photos, courtesy of some wave particle:

16 Mercedes C450 AMG
22 Tesla Model X Plaid
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #904

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
God I miss my stupid car.

Anyways, here are some nice photos, courtesy of some wave particle:

That looks fantastic! Charles does great work
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #905

Crono0001,

What color are those...that's the gunmetal color with silver bezel, right? Looks really good!

Swaff
swaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I'm in the very early stages of the project of making the angel eyes "breath" when the car is locked...very early stages...looking at code now

I think it would be neat to have this when you go out and lock the car with the fob
I have done the breathing thing with an TI EZ430-F2012 driving the LED in the breathing pattern.

If you want the code I can send you a copy.

It took a bit of playing but eventually got something decent for the EZ430.

I slowed the rate even more than in the video, plus its only driving one LED so you may need to do a bit more work if it cannot drive as many LED's directly.

Dragon Eye Breathing
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 03-19-2015 at 06:16 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #907

Garage
Are you still busy working on the last batch Fred?
I can't wait to get my lights, winter's almost over in Montreal
'04 Convertible top with glass window
herve_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #908

Quote:
Originally Posted by herve_g View Post
Are you still busy working on the last batch Fred?
I can't wait to get my lights, winter's almost over in Montreal
Hervé, I am indeed :/

If you guys wants to know what a Limited Edition looks like... well... there you have it. Right there on the kitchen table lol Those are the very (very) last batch of 'made-to-order' GT projectors!

Now the good and bad news:

Bad news first: They haven't shipped out yet. My apologies to all if this seems to take forever

Good news: ALLLLLL of the parts are manufactured, anodized, and ready to be assembled (finally). This will be carried out during the evenings of this week. Assembly is what I call "the easy part" so it should go pretty quickly and without a hitch. No-no machine servo drive burning, no carbide cutter exploding, coolant flooding due to chip jamming, what else happened during the last 4 weeks......etc etc. Assembling those kits is a paradise job (read fun) so I am really looking forward to this week.

Those 23 kits walks out of here this coming weekend and should be in your hands 7~10 days later

(so much else I need to update you guys on but I'll start by finishing what I've started - I bet some of you are waiting for those kit - sorry again)

Old 04-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #909

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post

If you guys wants to know what a Limited Edition looks like... well... there you have it. Right there on the kitchen table lol Those are the very (very) last batch of 'made-to-order' GT projectors!

Bad news first: They haven't shipped out yet. My apologies to all if this seems to take forever

Good news: ALLLLLL of the parts are manufactured, anodized, and ready to be assembled (finally). This will be carried out during the evenings of this week. Assembly is what I call "the easy part" so it should go pretty quickly and without a hitch. No-no machine servo drive burning, no carbide cutter exploding, coolant flooding due to chip jamming, what else happened during the last 4 weeks......etc etc. Assembling those kits is a paradise job (read fun) so I am really looking forward to this week.

Those 23 kits walks out of here this coming weekend and should be in your hands 7~10 days later

(so much else I need to update you guys on but I'll start by finishing what I've started - I bet some of you are waiting for those kit - sorry again)

Wow, you have got your hands full Fred! Happy Easter!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 04-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #910

Hey Captain! good to see you here bud. Been thinking about you and your fellow colleagues quite often recently. Sorry to see/hear what's happening in the sky lately - keep up the good work Bruce

Hands are (half)free now. Well... the hard work is all done for sure. The 'mood' is back also lolllll Man.... it was 14~16hrs per day lolllll Nearly 50 kits in 1month.

Mass production of made-to-order items... go figure lolll

Happy Easter to you too there! Very same to everyone on the forum
Old 04-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #911

Garage
Quote:
Hey Captain! good to see you here bud. Been thinking about you and your fellow colleagues quite often recently. Sorry to see/hear what's happening in the sky lately - keep up the good work Bruce

Hands are (half)free now. Well... the hard work is all done for sure. The 'mood' is back also lolllll Man.... it was 14~16hrs per day lolllll Nearly 50 kits in 1month.

Mass production of made-to-order items... go figure lolll

Happy Easter to you too there! Very same to everyone on the forum
Thank you for the thoughts Fred. I, nor my colleagues, can understand violating the trust that people place in us. I feel terrible if I don't make a nice smooth landing, and for that matter, the entire flight. It just boggles the mind. I can't possible imagine the horror that Captain went through, knowing he was helpless to save his passengers and crew. Very sad.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
Old 04-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #912

Hey Fred!

No worries at all man, custom takes time! What we're getting for the money...shoot, couple extra weeks is nothing.

So excited.
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #913
Beginner

Garage
Quote:

They look great, thanks. No rush. You are providing everyone with a great product, and art can't be rushed right? I'm square in the middle of the pack of folks who were on the fence and jumped in at the last minute overwhelming you with orders at the 11th hour. Thanks for putting up with late orders and providing this product at a great price for all of us, so don't knock yourself out trying to rush these out. Wishing you the best - Jim
Old 04-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #914

Patient and salivating at the same time!
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:13 AM   #915
99 Boxster Zenith Blue Me

So Glad to See

Great News and thanks for the update. So glad to see my blue anodized set at the top right hand corner of the table. Very excited and ready to bake my headlight assemblies
99 2.5l Savanna Brown, Blue Metallic. Blue Top
Old 04-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #916

Finally got my projectors installed...I plan to take some better shots with a real camera soon, but here is a quick iphone capture. I have a black 996 and got the black Turismo projectors with amber angel eyes.
Attached Images

Last edited by swaff; 04-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.
swaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #917
Living in the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaff View Post
Finally got my projectors installed...I plan to take some better shots with a real camera soon, but here is a quick iphone capture. I have a black 996 and got the black Turismo projectors with amber angel eyes.
WOW!!!

That looks so intimidating
Old 04-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaff View Post
Super cool looking!!! Fits well with the guy who owns that 911 car haha

Swaff hangs out with famous personalities in the entertainment and music industry. Some of the records and tracks you guys are listening daily have possibly been recorded by Swaff

Lots of cool ppl on 986forum

Nice(er) car man... loveee that amber. Oh and TC is right.... does looks intimidating lol
Old 04-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #919

What is an average install time, start to finish assuming average mechanical skill and average intelligence (debatable)?
Mine are in this final batch, black Turismo, red angel eyes.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #920

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISP357 View Post
What is an average install time, start to finish assuming average mechanical skill and average intelligence (debatable)?
Mine are in this final batch, black Turismo, red angel eyes.

If you have everything you need set up you could do it in a day easy. It took me a few days as I did it after work / in between cooking and kid time

Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote