Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 246
Think I just found my project for the weekend. Dash is going to get wrapped in suede.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1
Thank You Meir for the write up on removing the heater core, mine is totally corroded. Fairly easy to do with the photos. Thanks again
YellowBoxster2.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
Ben-Auto-Design
 
Ben006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
Think I just found my project for the weekend. Dash is going to get wrapped in suede.
What suede do you use ?

Mine keeps fading...
Ben006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 327
Can anyone comment on how long this procedure takes? I need to get my dash recovered and the recommended upholstery shop will not work on it in the car. They will do it if I bring it to them.

Also, does everything need to be removed? Thanks in advance.
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #25
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,572
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc763 View Post
Can anyone comment on how long this procedure takes? I need to get my dash recovered and the recommended upholstery shop will not work on it in the car. They will do it if I bring it to them.

Also, does everything need to be removed? Thanks in advance.
removing the dashboard cover only, should take about 2 to 4 hours, depend on your skills.
not sure if i understand what you mean by "does everything need to be removed?"
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
removing the dashboard cover only, should take about 2 to 4 hours, depend on your skills.
not sure if i understand what you mean by "does everything need to be removed?"
I did some searching and it appears that to remove the dashboard (so I can get the leather replaced), I will need to remove everything including the speedo, stereo, air bags, steering wheel, etc.

So 2 - 4 hours to remove and then another 2 - 4 hours to put back?

Thanks for this fantastic writeup!

John
jpc763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #27
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,572
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc763 View Post
I did some searching and it appears that to remove the dashboard (so I can get the leather replaced), I will need to remove everything including the speedo, stereo, air bags, steering wheel, etc.

So 2 - 4 hours to remove and then another 2 - 4 hours to put back?

Thanks for this fantastic writeup!

John
yes. that's about it.
the whole project took me about 12 hours net, but that includes the heater core removal and the ac air box/evaporator replacement.
also taking pictures and figuring out what to do took some time.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #28
Registered User
 
Lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 217
Cheers! If you are ever in the Bham area, I have a few beers for you
__________________
Tim
1998 Boxster (daily driver)
1999 Boxster (SPB)
2015 Boxster (For Sale??)
CDI Alabama Region PCA
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #29
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,572
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
Cheers! If you are ever in the Bham area, I have a few beers for you
Might take you on it
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #30
Registered User
 
Lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 217
It will have to be a few, also found your great writeup on the heater core removal. That' s next on my list.
__________________
Tim
1998 Boxster (daily driver)
1999 Boxster (SPB)
2015 Boxster (For Sale??)
CDI Alabama Region PCA
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #31
Registered User
 
Christian H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Beverley East Yorkshire UK
Posts: 302
Garage
This is the thread that just keeps on giving 5 years strong!

Cheers Meir
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #32
I am No. 1348
 
algiorda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Tampa/FL
Posts: 336
Garage
Damn, I'm not removing my dashboard anytime soon, but there are so many other little items I may remove/replace and this write up give great insight into all of them.

Outstanding Meir!
__________________
Current: 2004 Boxster S 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition (BSSE)
algiorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 142
Does anyone still have this DIY guide somewhere? I updated my old iPad and lost it 😢
Jaydoggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #34
1999 base
 
Meir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coral Springs FL
Posts: 1,572
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydoggster View Post
Does anyone still have this DIY guide somewhere? I updated my old iPad and lost it ��
Here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcthesknynmqaaz/step%202%20Dashboard%20cover%20removal.pdf?dl=0

Not sure why the links keep changing.
Need to think of a better place then Dropbox to keep them.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
Here you go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcthesknynmqaaz/step%202%20Dashboard%20cover%20removal.pdf?dl=0

Not sure why the links keep changing.
Need to think of a better place then Dropbox to keep them.
AMAZING, thank you!!
Jaydoggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 62
Can someone upload this to Google cloud. Dropbox link is dead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
rflores2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page