Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #1

Un-branded Chinesee Dual DIN 7" Touch screen radio install

I've just ordered one of those Dual DIN 7" Touch screen radios to install and will document it here.

HQ-GPS-Device-7-Motorized-Car-DVD-CD-Radio-Player-USB-SD-Ipod-Bluetooth-Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receiver + Backup Camera

Features:
Price: $239 including shipping from California
Touch screen controls
AM/FM Radio
CD Music
DVD Music and Video for TV
TV Tuner
Ipod/Iphone connection via cable
USB flashdrive/memory device connection via cable on the front panel
Backup Camera Included for display on screen.
GPS Naviagation (Sygic Navigation with voice direction + Maps for US/Canada)
SD card slot (For music, movies, software etc)
WinCE 6.0 Operating system (You can load other software as you might have on a PDA such as spreadsheets, calculator, word Processing, etc also I suspect that with your phone connected you may even get an internet connection so you can use a web browser online)

When it arrives I'll start documenting the install with lots of pictures and video.

I chose this China manufactured unit after looking at my local BestBuy at models with similar features for between $600-$1200 dollars.
Since those brand name units are also manufactured in China I figure I'm just lining some guys pockets with the extra dough so I may as well get the units that avoids the $600 pricetag for a "Kenwood" logo slapped on a China unit.

Support and warranty? I'll take my chances as I can buy 4-5 of these units to the 1 brand name unit. Chances are I'll replace it with the next latest greatest thing in 5+ years anyway.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 07-17-2012 at 12:18 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote