Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
JNC

Surewin Headers, Stock Mufflers

I've 'won' Surewin headers from Ebay for my 1999 Boxster (manual trans), which I plan to install. Outside of misaligned bolt holes issues read about here, which have been discovered on various but not all Surewin headers, are there any other fitment or other issues I should be prepared for?

I understand that the power steering fluid line should be tie-wrapped away form header to prevent fire. Plan to do that.

Anything else? Will the valves need to be readjusted? Backpressure issues? Car inspection exhaust test issues (NC)?

Plan to use existing stock muffler, O2 sensors (4) and cats. Issues?

Thanks in advance!

JNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNC
I've 'won' Surewin headers from Ebay for my 1999 Boxster (manual trans), which I plan to install. Outside of misaligned bolt holes issues read about here, which have been discovered on various but not all Surewin headers, are there any other fitment or other issues I should be prepared for?

I understand that the power steering fluid line should be tie-wrapped away form header to prevent fire. Plan to do that.

Anything else? Will the valves need to be readjusted? Backpressure issues? Car inspection exhaust test issues (NC)?

Plan to use existing stock muffler, O2 sensors (4) and cats. Issues?

Thanks in advance!
buy the OEM gaskets; the ones that come with the headers are crap. other than that, mine work great.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
JNC

Thanx insite, but I used the gaskets that came with surewin headers before I noticed your reply.

Fortunately, everything is working great so far, and I'm really pleased with these headers & gaskets!
JNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #4

Take the header to the belt sander and make sure the flange is flat.

The chinese ones from ebay take quite a bit of time to get right.

Even though they are chinese too, the NHP ones fit a bit better and cosmetically look a bit better too.

Home of Nickies, IMS Retrofit, and IMS Solution
cnavarro is offline   Reply With Quote