Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 22
SUPERCHARGED 986 + 3.0L Engine

Selling my boxster, here's a description. Picutres are up on ebay Item # 190026802201. SUPCHARGED BOXSTER

Up for sale is my 1999 porsche boxster. As I am a porshce enthusiast and I have always been into high end cars, I hope this car goes to someone that will truly treasure it. This Porsche has ultra low miles and still looks new! The paint is probably the best you are ever going to see for a 1999 model. Less than 15K miles! This beautiful color combination of Ocean Blue metallic with optional Savannah Beige interior with Porsche Tequipement Maplewood trim is VERY RARE. Obviously this car is regularly cleaned and detailed. Was actually just detailed yesterday Clay Bar, machine polished, etc..etc.. Car is clean and absolutely stunning condition. The paint on this car shines like when it was new.

So to start out, without all the modifications this cars book value is around $27,000. This car is a true wolf in sheeps clothing so it looks nice, is a real mans car and most importantly, doesn't scream "look at me!"

Let's start with the modifications, please note all services were done either by porsche or TPC (www.tpcracing.us) in maryland which is the most well known tuner when having to deal with Forced Induction Porsches.

Factory installed options:

1) Power seat package 2)Traction Control 3)Sport Package

Exterior mods:

1) Front spoiler from the 911, this is an original oem part. Fits perfectly just like Porsche designed it to. ($1500)

2) Wheels are from ROOCK RACING, nice light and high strength wheels ($1600.) Custom made porsche center caps. ($300) New Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires 225/40-18 Front 265/35-18 Rear (less than 500 miles on them. $600) This is my favorite tire as the wet weather performance is on par with those ULTRA expensive Michelins yes the rider is More comfortable. Also, as I do all things the way should be done on a porsche, the tires were mounted and high speed balanced on a HUNTER GSP9700.($100) Also the alignment is the European sport spec setting.

3) Included with this car is the Hardtop which just gives this boxster an even more unique look. ($4000)

4) This car has PIAA headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs you get that unique HID look not seen before.($150) Email me and I'll get your some night pictures.

5) Custom painted brake disc calipers ($500)

Interior:

1) Custom Audio setup- stealth look. utilizing 4 3.5" JL audio speakers mode TR-350-CX behind your head, and 1 Door sub, sounds amazing, the 2 ADS amps are mounted in the front trunk, standard CD head unit is used (again for the stealth look) ($3000)

2) Birds automotive leather glove box with optional cupholder. ($550)

3) Front and Rear Laser radar detector with stealth installation, "F" and "R" indicators are intergrated within the dash ($400)

4) Program upgrade for On board computer diagnostics, center consol displays outside temperature and if you install a togggle switch it will give you other sorts of useful information as well. ($50)

5) storage organizer in front trunk compartment ($50? $100? I forgot)

6) Cd storage in center console

7) Windstop Deflector

8) White faced instrument cluster ($250)

PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS!

1) engine was custom bored to 3.0L, Balanced, Bluprinted. Race-quality cast iron sleeves with custom forged pistions for supercharging.

2) Turbo Performance center fuel supplement computer

3) TPC supercharged, Twin -rotor positive displacement type, 4.5PSI w/ compressor bypass valve

4)Torque-Bias limited SLip differential

5) Short Throw shifter

6) Heavy Duty clutch ( strongest streetable clutch there is)

7) High flow DANSK mufler with twin sport tips

8)100-cell metal matrix high flow catalytic converters

9)Super sport coil springs lower car by 25MM

10) GT-3 adjustable rear toe links

11)Custom thicker sway bars (I forgot how much thicker)

12) European "sport" spec alignment

13) Front Brembo brakes mono-block 4 poston calipers with 320MM cross-drilled vented discs.

14) Rear Brembo mono-block 4-piston calipers with 295MM cross-drillved vented discs.

15) car is corner balalnced.

16) After fule computer was piggy backed onto the OEM computer, engine was custom tuned on the dyno for 3 hours.


Obviously , this car has lots of horsepower, but not only that, it has lots of torque as well. OH THE TORQUE! This car has gobs of it! Trust me this thing is fast, it's faster than my NSX! Not only does it go fast, it handles like no other, what other boxster out there do you know that has corner balancing, or even the euro sport spec suspension alignment? There is a reason why the new cayman handles better than the 911 right? This just shows how the mid-engine setup truly has it's advantages.

I won't bother listing the prices of all the modifications seperately, but an estimated $40,000 was spent on parts and installation at Turbo Performance Center alone.

This car was definetly treated right, if something were to brake or wear out, it was replaced immediately! even little things such as radio buttons or a light bulb. This car was always treated like royalty. Here are a bunch of pictures. I hope you enjoy and bid accordingly. Car new was around 55K and probably another 55K was spent on it since purchased. Here is a chance to get a deal of a lifetime!

** The wheels that are currently on the car are the 10 spoke Roock racing rims.

pinoyfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
Why would someone bore out a 2.5L to 3.0L..then supercharge it? I'm sure the previous owner put lots of thought and money into the modifications. Do you know why they didn't just go the 3.4L route? I've never heard of anyone boring out the M96 engine. Do you have dyno sheets/results? Surely the previous owner had the car dynoed to get it tuned correctly and see what gains were made.
__________________
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mautocross.jpg

Last edited by Adam; 09-05-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Smile

I was under the impression that these engines could NOT be bored. MINN JIM, am I wrong about this?

Doc Whillen?
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
The lykosil liners wouldn't be there would be my best guess....
__________________
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mautocross.jpg
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Sounds fishy IMO, once got ripped off on a TT 300zx over in SF area, I wonder why there arent any pictures of the engine.

I also was under the impression that the 2.5 engine could not be bored.
__________________
--Proud Boxster Owner/Tech,

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I was under the impression that these engines could NOT be bored. MINN JIM, am I wrong about this?

Doc Whillen?

Hi,

On the supposition that anything is possible, I suspect you could. The 2.7L is really only a stroked 2.5L and the 3.2L is a stroked and bored 2.5L..

The main issue would be the Locasil in the Block Casting. You could eliminate it and have the cylinders Nikasil coated, then there would be new pistons which either Mahle or JE could fab for probably under $1,200. In any event, it won't come cheap...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

On the supposition that anything is possible, I suspect you could. The 2.7L is really only a stroked 2.5L and the 3.2L is a stroked and bored 2.5L..

The main issue would be the Locasil in the Block Casting. You could eliminate it and have the cylinders Nikasil coated, then there would be new pistons which either Mahle or JE could fab for probably under $1,200. In any event, it won't come cheap...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
That's what I thought. Versus the "old days" when you could just bore the cast iron blocks within an inch of their lives!
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
boggtown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I've seen this same car like 5 times now. Whats up with it, wasn't it on ebay like a couple monthes ago?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 47
Angry

I Want Dyno Sheets And I Want Them Now!!!
BoxsterRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sandiego
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyfiend
Selling my boxster, here's a description. Picutres are up on ebay Item # 190026802201. SUPCHARGED BOXSTER

Up for sale is my 1999 porsche boxster. As I am a porshce enthusiast and I have always been into high end cars, I hope this car goes to someone that will truly treasure it. This Porsche has ultra low miles and still looks new! The paint is probably the best you are ever going to see for a 1999 model. Less than 15K miles! This beautiful color combination of Ocean Blue metallic with optional Savannah Beige interior with Porsche Tequipement Maplewood trim is VERY RARE. Obviously this car is regularly cleaned and detailed. Was actually just detailed yesterday Clay Bar, machine polished, etc..etc.. Car is clean and absolutely stunning condition. The paint on this car shines like when it was new.

So to start out, without all the modifications this cars book value is around $27,000. This car is a true wolf in sheeps clothing so it looks nice, is a real mans car and most importantly, doesn't scream "look at me!"

Let's start with the modifications, please note all services were done either by porsche or TPC (www.tpcracing.us) in maryland which is the most well known tuner when having to deal with Forced Induction Porsches.

Factory installed options:

1) Power seat package 2)Traction Control 3)Sport Package

Exterior mods:

1) Front spoiler from the 911, this is an original oem part. Fits perfectly just like Porsche designed it to. ($1500)

2) Wheels are from ROOCK RACING, nice light and high strength wheels ($1600.) Custom made porsche center caps. ($300) New Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires 225/40-18 Front 265/35-18 Rear (less than 500 miles on them. $600) This is my favorite tire as the wet weather performance is on par with those ULTRA expensive Michelins yes the rider is More comfortable. Also, as I do all things the way should be done on a porsche, the tires were mounted and high speed balanced on a HUNTER GSP9700.($100) Also the alignment is the European sport spec setting.

3) Included with this car is the Hardtop which just gives this boxster an even more unique look. ($4000)

4) This car has PIAA headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs you get that unique HID look not seen before.($150) Email me and I'll get your some night pictures.

5) Custom painted brake disc calipers ($500)

Interior:

1) Custom Audio setup- stealth look. utilizing 4 3.5" JL audio speakers mode TR-350-CX behind your head, and 1 Door sub, sounds amazing, the 2 ADS amps are mounted in the front trunk, standard CD head unit is used (again for the stealth look) ($3000)

2) Birds automotive leather glove box with optional cupholder. ($550)

3) Front and Rear Laser radar detector with stealth installation, "F" and "R" indicators are intergrated within the dash ($400)

4) Program upgrade for On board computer diagnostics, center consol displays outside temperature and if you install a togggle switch it will give you other sorts of useful information as well. ($50)

5) storage organizer in front trunk compartment ($50? $100? I forgot)

6) Cd storage in center console

7) Windstop Deflector

8) White faced instrument cluster ($250)

PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS!

1) engine was custom bored to 3.0L, Balanced, Bluprinted. Race-quality cast iron sleeves with custom forged pistions for supercharging.

2) Turbo Performance center fuel supplement computer

3) TPC supercharged, Twin -rotor positive displacement type, 4.5PSI w/ compressor bypass valve

4)Torque-Bias limited SLip differential

5) Short Throw shifter

6) Heavy Duty clutch ( strongest streetable clutch there is)

7) High flow DANSK mufler with twin sport tips

8)100-cell metal matrix high flow catalytic converters

9)Super sport coil springs lower car by 25MM

10) GT-3 adjustable rear toe links

11)Custom thicker sway bars (I forgot how much thicker)

12) European "sport" spec alignment

13) Front Brembo brakes mono-block 4 poston calipers with 320MM cross-drilled vented discs.

14) Rear Brembo mono-block 4-piston calipers with 295MM cross-drillved vented discs.

15) car is corner balalnced.

16) After fule computer was piggy backed onto the OEM computer, engine was custom tuned on the dyno for 3 hours.


Obviously , this car has lots of horsepower, but not only that, it has lots of torque as well. OH THE TORQUE! This car has gobs of it! Trust me this thing is fast, it's faster than my NSX! Not only does it go fast, it handles like no other, what other boxster out there do you know that has corner balancing, or even the euro sport spec suspension alignment? There is a reason why the new cayman handles better than the 911 right? This just shows how the mid-engine setup truly has it's advantages.

I won't bother listing the prices of all the modifications seperately, but an estimated $40,000 was spent on parts and installation at Turbo Performance Center alone.

This car was definetly treated right, if something were to brake or wear out, it was replaced immediately! even little things such as radio buttons or a light bulb. This car was always treated like royalty. Here are a bunch of pictures. I hope you enjoy and bid accordingly. Car new was around 55K and probably another 55K was spent on it since purchased. Here is a chance to get a deal of a lifetime!

** The wheels that are currently on the car are the 10 spoke Roock racing rims.
who built the engine?????????
yfz/700R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:29 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 1
And who pays 500 dollars to paint brake calipers?
TravisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I was under the impression that these engines could NOT be bored. MINN JIM, am I wrong about this?

Doc Whillen?
notice he said they're sleeved. lots of companies will modify the block to a closed-deck design, overbore the nikasil, and sleeve with cast iron or such. check out AutoFarm's website; they specialize in this.

there was a recent article in 911 & Porsche World on this process.
__________________
insite
'99 Boxster
3.4L Conversion

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sanford NC
Posts: 2,335
I don't get it

$27k value for an unmodified '99? No way.

He didn't 4-stalk it! Seems odd

Kumho tires but no expense spared. Inconsistant.

Original lights and sides. No Litronics.

Currently bid at $22k+.

A classic example of one person's over moding where he spends $$$$ and then tries to sell it and finds that nobody will give him even close to that. I'd be suprised if he even gets the $27k.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page