Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #1

Garage
WTB Boxster S for HPDE

Hi 986forum.com community. I've just joined your forum because I'm looking for a 986 S to take to the track. Mileage doesn't matter as long as it's been taken care of and has paperwork for what's been done and has the typical IMS, RMS replaced and a good strong clutch. Interior and Exterior not as important as it being in solid mechanical shape.

I'm in NC and looking to purchase something soon as I am without a car and I have several HPDE events coming up (just sold my last HPDE car) so please PM asap. Cash in hand, ready to buy.

Feel free to pass on any advice. You have a great forum here, btw.

Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

If you are looking to advance beyond HPDE in the future you may want to consider a '97-'99 Boxster instead of a later S. These can be converted into a SpecBoxster race car. '97's don't suffer from the IMS issue at nearly the rate that later models do, as well.
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:16 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks ianacole, I have considered the 2.5. This car will split duty as weekend cruiser and DE car, so wanted something I can enjoy on the street without making into a dedicated DE car...yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:47 AM   #4

I'm in Raleigh and slowly converting my 98 2.5L to spec. Found a salvaged title car from a local PCA'er. Great DE, and now race car. Good luck! lots of Boxsters here local on craigslist.
jonasjmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

Garage
I bought one. Purchased a 2001 S yesterday from Asheville NC. Will post pics in another area. Thx.